What is it like to work at K-LOVE & Air1? You’ll find that we’re a unique blend of ministry & media; in addition to being positive & encouraging and ministry focused, we’re also technology progressive, creative, dynamic & fun.
If you are a star at customer service and enjoy solving desktop technical issues onsite for a large employer then keep reading as this may be the position for you!
Our Sr. Help Desk Technician provides support to end users on a variety of technical issues, responding to phone, e-mail and in-person requests for technical support. They will maintain, upgrade and/or replace computer hardware and software systems. Supported platforms include: Windows PCs, Apple Macs, Tablets and smart phones.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming calls, voice mails, emails and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer related issues.
- Interview users to collect information about their problem and lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for advanced user problems.
- Formally contribute to the team knowledge base by recording problem resolution and creating/maintaining training and installation documentation.
- Informally contribute to the team knowledge base through conversations and participation in team meetings and round table discussions.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Follow up on completed help desk tickets to verify satisfactory resolution and customer service ratings.
- Log and track calls using problem management database and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
- Call software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Responsible for moving computer, phone, and peripheral equipment when employees’ cubicles/offices are reassigned.
- AA Degree in Information Systems, Business or Communications, or equivalent.
- Microsoft, CompTIA and Apple certifications desired (MCSE, Network+, ACSP).
- Minimum of 4 years of professional hands-on experience doing Windows and MAC configuration, deployment and administration.
- Experience troubleshooting and independently resolving moderately complex PC hardware and software problems.
- Must have the ability to multi-task activities such as documenting/updating/ troubleshooting notes and conversing on the phone.
- Solid understanding of Domains and inter-connectivity technologies such as TCI/IP and DHCP.
- Ability to write business correspondence and knowledge base articles. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers and users.
- Advanced knowledge of all MS Office applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Must pass background and reference checks
You can apply online at: www.klove.com/careers