Business Systems Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Emergent Talent, a division of Emergent Method, is seeking entry-to-junior level candidates to fill multiple analyst positions on a large-scale IT system implementation project. The selected individuals will work in multiple phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), from requirements gathering to deployment and warranty.
This is a full-time position that will support ongoing project operations in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Remote candidates will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate is flexible, able to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, confident handling a wide range of tasks and utilizing problem-solving skills, and willing to embrace the challenges associated with complex system implementation projects. Additionally, candidates should have relevant technical backgrounds and experience with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging directly with client stakeholders to define business priorities and develop comprehensive requirements and functional designs, including working with the team to draft materials and conduct these sessions
- Serving as a front-line point of contact to work with the India-based delivery team to build and test functionality based on the agreed-upon client design
- Working through the testing phase including writing and executing test cases
- Supporting the clients during user acceptance testing, including writing test cases, tracking progress, and triaging defects
- Working alongside the onshore technical team to manage the deployments from start to finish
- Collaborating with clients to define requirements and create the product backlog
- Acting as the liaison between multiple teams to accomplish goals, including design, offshore development, testing, cross-functional teams, and the product owner
- Supporting the Scrum Master in completing and facilitating sprint ceremonies
- Performing integration testing and support the system testing and user acceptance testing teams
- Collaborating effectively with project team members
- Providing regular support throughout the day for testing, as well as consistent status updates
- Utilizing strong communication skills to present and communicate data, trends, insights, and recommendations
Ideal candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information sciences, management information systems, or a related technical field is preferred (experience that demonstrates commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices related to SDLC methodologies, including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, and other project lifecycles
- Knowledge of change management processes and procedures specific to handling of change requests
- Experience with MS Project, HP PPM skills, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g., SQL, HTML, JAVA, PHP)
- Knowledge of creating technical and architecture diagrams
- Experience with Jira or similar tools
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner with the ability to pivot swiftly based on changing direction
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple requests and competing priorities
- Self-motivated and deadline-oriented to ensure tasks are completed without supervision
- Ability to be a team player, foster a cooperative environment with the project team, and adapt to the team
- Familiarity with Health and Human Services policies and mandates
- Experience with integrated eligibility systems and enterprise applications
- SDLC experience
- Experience in requirements gathering
- Experience in client-facing roles and supporting client needs
- Technical project experience
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
Emergent Method is a Louisiana-based management consulting firm focused on helping companies and organizations innovate, grow, improve their performance, and achieve their missions.
We do this by bringing people and ideas together to understand opportunities, let ideas emerge, and create multi-faceted solutions with results greater than the sum of their parts. We come from diverse backgrounds that lend to expertise in solving complex problems, implementing impactful change, helping our clients navigate shifting landscapes, and seizing opportunities – including those they had not seen before. From strategic planning and organizational design to project management and strategic communication, we are dedicated to helping our clients adapt, innovate, and grow – pushing systems, agencies, and industries to new heights, while developing strategic, systemic solutions and processes to support those goals.
We opened our doors in 2012 and have been recognized for growth and achievement over the years, including the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report and Junior Achievement's Company of the Year (2017), Consulting Magazine’s fastest growing consulting firms (2018, 2019, 2020), Inc. Magazine’s fastest-growing private companies in America (2018, 2019, 2020), LSU’s 100 fastest growing alumni owned business (2018, 2019, 2020), and the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry’s Company of the Year (2019).
We are dedicated to seeking the same measures of continuous improvement for the clients we serve and supporting them in all actions of planning, growth, and emergence to the forefront of their industries.
To learn more about Emergent Method and our team, visit our website at emergentmethod.com. To learn more about Emergent Method and our team, visit our website at emergentmethod.com.
Emergent Method and associated entities are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis or any protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
BusinessView all jobs at EMERGENT METHOD