We are a boutique law firm that specializes in providing legal services to the cannabis and hemp industries.
We are seeking a highly capable individual to fill our Paralegal / Legal Assistant role for our litigation practice group. This individual will also support attorneys in other practice areas, such as real estate and OLCC licensing.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
• A minimum of 7 years of litigation experience and a Bachelor's degree
• Exceptional working knowledge of applicable rules of civil procedure
• An eye for detail
• Exceptional communication skills – personable, accurate, thorough and confident
• Technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and PDF-management software (PC experience preferred)
• Strong organization and time-management skills
• Solid administrative skills, including proofreading
• Demonstrated ability as an independent thinker and self-starter, as well as a strong work ethic
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Case management
• Preparation and electronic filing of state and federal pleadings, primarily in Oregon
• Assistance with litigation discovery requests, responses, and subpoenas
• Managing incoming emails, mail, voicemails, and calendared appointments
• Internal and external communications
• Attorney calendaring and docketing
• Finalizing contracts and documents
We offer a strong collaborative team environment, in addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, via email to email@example.com. Position to begin in September 2019. Only serious inquiries and no phone calls, please.