Senior Staff Accountant - Cannabis Industry
EMERALD VALLEY MARKETING LLC Modesto, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $58,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Aboutthe Company: The Peoples Remedy has maintained a strong commitment to support thecommunities within which they operate, while being an integrated partner foreconomic growth. Through local hiring, philanthropy, and significant financialcontributions, Peoples Remedy approaches each new cannabis business as apartnership with the local jurisdiction.
Senior Staff Accountant - Cannabis Industry
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: DOE $58,000 to $65,000 / Annual Pay
Location: Central Valley California (Modesto, CA)
At Peoples Remedy, we believe in all living thing's right to a healthy life. We believe that mother nature has provided us with many natural things to nurture a healthy life. We strive to help our fellow man achieve a healthy lifestyle. Our community is our family. Since January 2015, we have provided our community with the cannabis products they need. We have stood continuously in the ongoing fight for both medical and recreational legalization. Beginning January 1st, 2018 we opened our doors to the public 21 years of age and above for recreational and 18 years of age for medical (provided the patient possesses a valid cannabis recommendation compliant with California Cannabis Regulations).
We are looking for a Staff Accountant who is excited about building a new industry. The ideal candidate is skilled at managing the activities of the overall general accounting function. This position will report directly to the Controller and will oversee, implement, and maintain accounting systems, procedures, and policies and ensure the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data. The Senior Staff Accountant in cooperation with the Controller will act as a liaison between the company, government, client, and CPA auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assigning and auditing the work of the accounting staff
- Implementing and/or maintaining generally accepted accounting systems
- Preparation and analyzing financial reports and journal entries, maintaining and reconciling ledger accounts
- Monitoring and reviewing all record of assets, liabilities, and other financial transitions
- Specialized accounting and bookkeeping
- Assistance forming a legal business structure
- Audit-ready financials
- Monthly reconciliations of POS data
- Reconciliations of seed-to-sale tracking systems with QuickBooks or industry-specific software
- Bank reconciliations
- Record monthly transactions
- Review general ledger and reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Evaluate and refine internal controls
- GAAP cost accounting
- Responsibility for all basic accounting procedures; financial statement preparation, month-end closing; journal entries and general ledger maintenance, inventory roll forwards, fixed assets, and margin analysis; supporting schedules for financial statements preparation
- Reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling general ledger accounts and investment transactions in conjunction with preparing quarterly reports for management
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 5+ years of similar experience as a Staff Accountant or relevant role
- Supervisor experience
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent leadership abilities with a proven ability to influence.
- Sound management principles and advanced decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of government regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong ability to plan and organize, including short and long-term planning, prioritizing to optimize time usage.
- Flexibility, initiative, sense of urgency, and professionalism in handling confidential information.
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to relate to all levels, ability to engage in collaborative problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
EEO Policy Statement
The Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Our Client is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of staff or in the provision of its employee benefits to its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
EMERALD VALLEY MARKETING LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at EMERALD VALLEY MARKETING LLC