- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overseas Security Installation Services - Alexandria, VA - Full Time
EMD is seeking Electricians with three to six years of relevant work experience with an electronics/systems background. Must possess excellent communication skills and have a Journeyman or Master Electrician License. Senior electricians must have strong working knowledge of the NEC. Responsibilities include:
- Work on complex integrated security systems at sensitive Government facilities.
- Complete BOMs and power/signal runs
- Participate in design reviews with engineers, project managers and estimators.
- Analyze and design electrical requirements needed to support the installation of electronic security equipment
- Study blueprints, schematics, manuals, wiring diagrams and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Plan new or modified designs to minimize waste of materials.
- Design easy access for future maintenance and with cost mitigation.
- Perform electrical installations based upon specifications, NEC codes, application guidelines and DS-standards.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience with an electronics systems background is required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must have a Master Electrician license from a recognized US issuing body
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the NEC
- Must possess an active secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally up to 75% of the time
- Must be willing and able to live and work on remote sites in shared accommodations
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Routine lifting of objects 50-80 pounds such as drills, conduit benders, pipe threaders, cable pullers, and other equipment related to the electrical trade. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders; scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc. Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment
Typical assignments are frequently performed in both internal and external environments with a variety of weather conditions. Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with exposure to dust or dirt is routine and may require the use of protective personal equipment (PPE).
On September 24, 2021, the U.S. Government’s Safer Federal Workforce Task Force issued “2021 Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors” mandating that Covered federal contractors, including EMD LLC, and their employees shall be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, this position may require individuals to be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) or have been granted a religious or medical accommodation by December 8, 2021 or shortly thereafter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
EMD LLC provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, EMD LLC provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, EMD LLC ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Simple IRA
- Simple IRA matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Get fresh EMD Dispatcher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.