EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a HVAC Mechanic in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
The HVAC Mechanic trouble shoots, repairs, installs, and performs preventative maintenance on all the HVAC systems within the FBCH hospital, the Central Utilities Plant (CUP), and other buildings related to the contract by performing the following duties. This is a journeyman position and requires mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aptitudes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors safe and efficient operations of HVAC/refrigeration systems in accordance with departmental requirements; corrects deficiencies according to PM/CM and manufacturers specifications.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on all HVAC and refrigeration systems, as well as fan coil or dx units, and other equipment as assigned.
- Installs and services new HVAC/refrigeration equipment. Perform all aspects of repairs to Air Handling Units (AHU) to include filter replacement, bearing replacement, motor replacement, belt replacement and proper alignment.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs and installation in consultation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of hospital operations.
- Complete Work Order and Preventative Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner. Participates in the computerized maintenance management system (DMLLS) for work and equipment documentation
- Participate in the building management system (Southland Industries system). Monitor design parameters for status and efficiency. Assist in programming recommendations for the system.
- Track refrigerant loss, procurement, and storage per government standards.
- Install, maintain and repair all field devices for the Temperature Tracking System.
- Participate in the testing of HVAC shutdown by duct smoke detectors.
- Performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance on the hospital cafeteria equipment.
- Performs heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance on air conditioning units, fans, air handlers, water heaters, converters, duct work and system controls.
- Request assistance from plumbers, painters, electricians, carpenters, and plant operators when necessary.
- Repair and perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on pool control systems.
- Be able to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Be able to read and understand manufacture’s submittals and literature. Review and provide recommendations to preventive maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Be able to specify and order material and replacement parts for equipment as necessary.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs, and installation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of hospital operations.
- Ensures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
- Be able to understand and implement infectious control policies and procedures.
- Follow and implement standard Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Complete Work Orders and Preventive Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Attends weekly Tool Box safety meetings.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience working with a variety of HVAC equipment. Must have the equivalent to 2 years of related technical training from an accredited school or apprenticeship program.
- Must possess a current HVAC License from MD, VA or DC. A Journeyman HVAC license is preferred.
- Must possess a Universal CFC Certification
- Obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health certification. (EMCOR provided training).
- Position requires strong knowledge of building automation systems, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic control troubleshooting.
- The ability to comprehend written and oral instructions is required.
- Work requires an abundance of walking, bending, kneeling, and working in uncomfortable positions.
- Hospital experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a Secret Clearance if required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must receive medical shots as required by the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital. The annual flu shot and annual TB testing are mandatory, but additional shots maybe required as related to the employee’s position.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.