EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
EMCOR Facilities Services is seeking a Customer Service Representative to provide primary/frontline support for EMCOR Customer Solutions Center (CSC) contracted customers, vendors and technicians. This includes creating work orders and coordinating with necessary parties to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues in ways that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
Work from home option is available after completion of approximately 2 months of onsite training on site in Phoenix, AZ.
*This a part - time position.
*Must be available to work an early morning shift schedule starting as early as 4am and weekend shifts.
- Answer incoming telephone calls from business customers calling into our Customer Solutions Center (CSC).
- Dispatch auto-generated work orders to our list of suppliers.
- Create work orders from those calls, and dispatch the work orders via email or web, within specified timelines to ensure technicians arrive onsite within specified time frame.
- Take ownership and follow customer-specific policies and procedures for each of our numerous clients.
- Use judgment and basic knowledge of facility maintenance (provided as part of the initial job training) to determine proper work order handling. This includes identifying the type of facility maintenance issue the caller is requesting and the service requirements to be provided for that type of issue.
- Escalate and track high priority work orders according to account procedures.
- Coordinate with customers, vendors, facility managers, technicians and management to facilitate the flow of reactive maintenance work in customer facilities.
- Prioritize work to meet or exceed established performance standards.
- Provide work order follow-up and reporting as required.
- Additional duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years office-based customer service or call center experienced desired.
- Basic Facilities Maintenance knowledge preferred.
- Great communication and listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills
- Able to understand and accurately communicate customer’s needs, while demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Able to manage telephone customer interactions and convey confidence while resolving the customer’s issues.
- Flexible availability to help staff our 24/7 operations.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance a plus.
- Able to thrive in a changing environment. (Every call is different and requires a unique and customized response from the CSR.)
- Able to complete work accurately while under deadline pressure. This includes quickly making decisions with limited input from the customer.
- Able to accept constructive criticism.
- Professional, friendly demeanor with a customer-oriented attitude.
- Strong computer and phone skills. Need to know how to use web-based computer applications and type with at least 90% accuracy.
- Prior experience working at home preferred
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled