- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
USA Washington DC
EM Key Solutions www.emkeysolutions.com is initiating a search to identify Technical Writers who have experience serving on Information Technology (IT) agile teams. Our project teams will be executing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) with our customer in order to provide rapid IT testing capabilities which align to various software development/modernization efforts being executed by our customer across their business portfolio.
The period of performance for this project will be one (1) twelve-month Base Period and two (2) twelve (12) month option periods, representing the possibility of a 3-year contract with our customer.
An extremely attractive compensation and benefits package will be provided to our team members.
- Our agile teams are focused on designing, planning, and executing user-driven testing events for our customer and their user community. Our Technical Writers will be creating and editing various documents that will be used during the execution of these testing events, that include User Acceptance Tests, Smoke Tests, Regression Testing, and Integration Testing.
- Create and maintain testing-related documents and artifacts that include schedules, test scripts, use cases, test scenarios, requirements documents, traceability matrices, status reports, process documents, and other reports.
- Execution of Technical Writing; related user stories in each sprint that drive the team towards completing sprint objectives and preparing our customer for testing events.
- Work directly with test analysts and quality assurance analysts to ensure test scripts and test cases accurately lead users through comprehensive testing procedures to validate the readiness of functionality.
- Maintain version control of critical documents, test cases, and test scripts that users will be utilizing to execute various forms of testing.
- The creation and modification of program or project-specific documents that outline testing SOPs for use during scheduled user-driven testing events.
- Actively participate in all agile ceremonies to include PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Reviews and Demos, and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Record, track, and report the status of user stories during the conduct of each sprint representing the product backlog, work to be done, work in progress, and work that has been completed.
- Provide written weekly status updates and reports to the Project Manager and Program Manager, which includes the status of work, sprint updates, and the status of testing events being planned or executed.
A Bachelor's Degree in a related or comparable field of study is required.
- 3+ years serving as a technical writer or business analyst with direct experience providing technical documentation for project teams executing IT-related services.
- 3+ years of experience researching, preparing, and editing technical documents.
- Experience writing test scripts, test cases, and testing scenarios is highly desirable.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2000 or later with particular emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- 1+ year of experience working as a member of an agile team.
- 1+ year of experience assisting agile teams with creating documentation and technical artifacts which support the team's sprint goals and user stories. Testing support is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Section 508 compliance is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle with a focus on the creation of testing procedures, testing event schedules, SOPs, and test-related artifacts.
- Experience working as a member of an agile team working within an agile environment focused on delivering value within a repeatable and dependable cycle.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must successfully pass our customer's background investigation.
Founded in 2015, EM Key Solutions, Inc. (EMKS) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) offering a broad range of services to support Federal Government enterprises in meeting their mission requirements and business demands.
Relationships are key to EMKS! We adopt a customer-centric approach and proven management processes for every project we undertake. Through sound leadership and management principles, EMKS focuses on offering its clients the solutions they need to be successful throughout the project management lifecycle at the most competitive rates.
EMKS is anEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employercommitted to hiring and retaining qualified and talented individuals, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our strategy and philosophy are to inspire, energize, and empower employees. We useE-Verifyto validate employees' ability to work legally in the United States.
EM Key Solutions Inc
EducationView all jobs at EM Key Solutions Inc