Mid-Level Test Engineer
EM Key Solutions Inc Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Test Engineer, Mid-Level
Remote/USA Austin TX
EM Key Solutions www.emkeysolutions.com is initiating a search to identify a Mid-Level Test Engineer to work as a member of our 16-member Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) team, which will be providing services for a federal customer based out of Austin, Texas.
The period of performance for this project will be for a one (1) twelve-month Base Period and four (4) twelve (12) month option periods to be exercised at its sole discretion.
Our Mid-Level Test Engineer will work with our team of (8) Test Engineers and other members of the project team to perform verification and validation tasks which revolve around verifying that developed requirements, functionality, use cases (user experience), and reports meet customer requirements. Our customer has an existing financial services platform transitioning from an on-prem to a cloud-based platform. This team will ensure that the developed product meets the customers' requirements, standards, and performance parameters.
We anticipate work being remote at this juncture. However, the customer anticipates at some point in the future that certain members of the project team may be desired to work at the customer's site in Austin, Texas.
Our Mid-Level Test Engineers will be assigned to an agile team that is performing various types of software, and system testing with the purpose of verifying and validating those customer requirements have been met. Requirements analysis will be conducted to ensure the developed or fielded platform meets customer needs. Testing types may include User Acceptance Testing (UAT), integration testing, smoke testing, and defect/bug resolution testing. Our Mid-Level Test Engineers perform critical testing activities with other members of the agile team, which is comprised of other test specialists, business analysts, quality assurance analysts, database administrators, and data analysts. Our team of Test Engineers will be working directly with our Project Manager, our customer, and users of the system being migrated into the cloud.
US Citizenship is required, as well as the ability to pass government-related background checks successfully.
A Bachelor's degree in IT, communications, engineering, business management, or equivalent is desired by not required.
- 4+ years of relevant software and system testing experience.
- 4+ years of executing Smoke Tests, Regression Testing, User Role Testing, Integration Testing, and Defect/Bug Resolution Testing.
- 4+ years working with testing teams, stakeholders, and customer representatives to create, refine, and execute test cases, test scripts, and use cases as part of a verification and/or validation process to confirm compliance.
- 4+ years creating team and user-driven test event schedules.
- 4+ years working with other test specialists and business analysts.
- 2+ years of executing testing events and activities as a member of an agile team.
US Citizenship is required, along with the ability to pass required government screenings
- Highly collaborative personality with outstanding engagement skills.
- Expert test specialist who has executed numerous types of software and system testing activities focused on user-driven test events such as UAT and Integration Testing.
- Vast experience writing and refining test cases, test scripts, and test scenarios based on the needs of the project or program being supported.
- Expert planning and scheduling skills to include the creation and refinement of User Stories during Sprint Planning ceremonies.
- Experienced at recording and reporting the results of testing activities to include pass/fail user-driven testing events as well as testing events that may be executed by the project team (smoke testing, integration testing, bug/defect testing.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Outstanding collaborator and team player with a focus on delivering value to our customer.
- Self-managed and driven professional who works with other team members to lead the team's testing activities and events.
- Proven focus on quality assurance to ensure testing artifacts are of the highest quality.
Other Highly Desirable Certifications:
- ITIL, CMMI, and/or ISO certifications
- Scrum Master
Founded in 2015, EM Key Solutions, Inc. (EMKS) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) offering a broad range of services to support Federal Government enterprises in meeting their mission requirements and business demands.
Relationships are key to EMKS! We adopt a customer-centric approach and proven management processes for every project we undertake. Through sound leadership and management principles, EMKS focuses on offering its clients the solutions they need to be successful throughout the project management lifecycle at the most competitive rates.
EMKS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining qualified and talented individuals, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our strategy and philosophy are to inspire, energize, and empower employees. We use E-Verify to validate employees' ability to work legally in the United States.
EM Key Solutions Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at EM Key Solutions Inc