Counterproliferation Initiatives-Sanctions Specialist, Mid-Level Program Analyst
Counterproliferation Initiatives-Sanctions Specialist Mid-Level Program Analyst
Washington DC, Department of State
Onsite-Limited Telework Position
EM Key Solutions/Cortek is seeking a Counterproliferation Initiatives (CPI) Mid-Level Program Analyst to support the Department of State's CPI Defensive Measures and Sanctions Team. You will be responsible for implementing Executive Orders 13382 and 14024, researching potential WMD-related and Russian defense and military-related designation targets, drafting evidentiary packages, and developing appropriate diplomatic responses to support the implementation and enforcement of the resulting designations.
- Serves as an action officer for all incoming actions regarding sanctions related to Russian defense and military-related activities under Executive Order 14024 from Departmental offices, U.S. embassies and posts, other USG agencies, international organizations, foreign governments, non-governmental organizations, or other sources.
- Possess strong writing skills and experience in analysis, research, and interagency coordination.
- Supports the implementation of Executive Orders 13382 and 14024 by researching potential WMD-related and Russian defense and military-related designation targets, drafting evidentiary packages, and developing appropriate diplomatic responses to support the implementation and enforcement of the resulting designations.
- Monitors developing political situations, changes to regulations, or issues as reported or identified in the various notifications received; provides guidance and consultation to Department officials and the interagency.
- Maintains currency on legislative and policy developments affecting the USG's stance, initiates research to validate existing policy or recommend new policy or guidance, confers with analysts and action officers in relevant organizations to develop information, obtains clarification in instances of divergent viewpoints, and builds consensus for courses of action acceptable to the Bureau.
- Assessment of information classified up to and including the Top Secret/SCI level from various sources; integrating information on proliferation activities and networks, transportation, and logistics networks; and development of strategies targeted at entities, states, and non-state actors of proliferation concern.
- Draft and develop deliverables in support of office and Department leadership. Including reports to Congress, briefing checklists and talking points, background and issue papers, trip books, reporting cables, diplomatic notes, meeting notes, information and action memos, strategies, press guidance and releases, speeches, and blog entries, as determined and assigned by the client.
- Liaise regularly with Department and interagency experts to develop, synchronize, and support strategies, policies, engagements, and projects related to Russia sanctions, as determined and assigned by the client.
- Other tasks in support of CPI's Russia sanctions responsibilities, as needed and assigned.
- Balance and prioritize complex tasks with limited supervision and demonstrate initiative to develop solutions.
- The candidate will be expected to travel to remote countries (10% travel).
- BA. or B.S. degree and one or two years of experience in nonproliferation or international security.
- Experience working on WMD counterproliferation, U.S. sanctions imposition and enforcement, and/or Russian defense sector sanctions issues are desirable but not required.
TOP SECRET required, with eligibility for access to SCI and a valid U.S. Passport. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About EM Key Solutions:
Founded in 2015, EM Key Solutions, Inc. (EMKS) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) offering a broad range of services to support Federal Government enterprises in meeting their mission requirements and business demands. Relationships are key to EMKS! We adopt a customer-centric approach and proven management processes for every project we undertake. Through sound leadership and management principles, EMKS focuses on offering its clients the solutions they need to be successful throughout the project management lifecycle at the most competitive rates
If you are curious to learn more about EM Key Solutions, please visit our website at https://www.emkeysolutions.com/
EMKS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining qualified and talented individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
EM Key Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail human.resources@EMKEYSOLUTIONS.COM or call: (727)-292-1521 Human Resources. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a Federal Contractor, we are required to use E-Verify to validate employees' ability to work legally in the United States.
EEO is the Law
The law requires EM Key Solutions to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
EM Key Solutions will not discharge or, in any other manner, discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay.
For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following link: https://www.emkeysolutions.com/labor-notices
EM Key SolutionsWashington, DC
BusinessView All EM Key Solutions Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.