RESEARCH LABORATORY TECHNICIAN / RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Excel Medical Clinical Trials, LLC is a rapidly growing clinical research company in Boca Raton, Florida. We are seeking a qualified Research Laboratory Technician / Research Assistant to become an integral member of our research team. General job responsibilities include daily processing, packaging, and shipment of laboratory samples as per study protocol requirements and general administrative duties.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Previous experience as a laboratory technician or in other related fields.
- Familiarity with common medical terminology.
- Experience in a clinical and laboratory setting.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High level interpersonal, writing and communication skills to effectively interact with patients, research staff, physicians, nurses, and/or study Sponsors/CRO.
- Prepare samples for routine testing and analysis.
- Maintain clean laboratory and exam rooms at all times.
- Assist in collection and organization of blood and other bodily fluid samples from patients.
- Assist in monitoring and order inventory samples and supplies.
- Assist in preparing study kits for next-day patient visits.
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
- Organize receiving laboratory kits and study-related materials.
- Work under the supervision of the Research Laboratory Manager and Research Director.
- Associate degree or certificate in health related field e.g. Medical Assistant (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- 5+ years laboratory and phlebotomy experience with appropriate certifications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.