Elyon International is hiring for a nationwide Insurance company:
Admin/Clerical - Staff Assistant 1
Location: Hillsboro OR / 12 months contract
The main function of a Staff Assistant is to facilitate and coordinate Independent Medical Examinations (IME’s) , Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE’s), and Independent File Reviews (IFR’s) for Benefits Department and Administrative Review Unit.
Provide complex administrative support to department, department manager and corporate officer.
• Coordinate and schedule time sensitive referrals working closely with vendors, analysts, claimants and Nurse Case Manager (NCM).
• Coordinate vendor services including file copying, mailing, travel, lodging, translator services and accounting for all IME’s, IFR’s, and FCE’s.
• Monitor and document all phases of referral and provide timely status reports to involved parties. Receive and prioritize incoming correspondence and phone calls. Respond to inquiries regarding status of evaluations and reports.
• Prioritize activities in order to meet deadlines.
• Consult with NCM appropriately. Maintain vendor relationships.
• Maintain confidential department records and files.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, drawing data from a variety of sources within and outside the department.
• Compile, coordinate and prepare required departmental reports.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite preferred.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
• High School Diploma.
• Experience in an office environment, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience 0-2 Years' Experience