Duration: 6 months (with possible extension or conversion to direct hire)
Work Location: downtown Portland, OR
Job Title: Document Mgmt. Specialist 1 – Entry Level
The main function of the Document Management Specialist is to perform activities to effect the storage, retrieval, delivery, and maintenance of corporate records and documents.
- Maintain records and imaging facilities, equipment, and electronic systems to ensure accuracy, integrity, and security of folders, and documents.
- Act as a resource for authorized users of document management services.
- Learn and utilize imaging system; read contractual and other complex documents to ascertain document indices; work effectively with peers and team members; learn variety of on-line systems
- Analyze and identify complex business documents for paper or electronic storage.
- Categorize documents by type.
- Update inventory and data tracking tools to maintain document inventory data.
- File or image documents to appropriate storage location.
- Retrieve paper folders and documents for delivery.
- Maintain folders, documents, shelves, and system information to preserve accuracy, integrity, and accessibility of documents.
- Determine and effectively convey to customers upon request relevant information about folders, documents, and document management services.
- Cultivate an in-depth knowledge of current EDMS policies and procedures, and accurately communicate those in interactions with other Document management specialists.
- Actively contribute to efforts to identify and correct problems with systems, policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide timely and accurate information in support of quality control, performance management and data collection efforts.
- Basic PC user proficiency and data entry experience preferred or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- PC skills, Database applications; organize workload and adjust work schedule to meet changing deadlines and special requests; proofread for accuracy
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic office work experience.
- 0-2 Years' Experience