Indianapolis, IN - Temporary Associate Instructor -The ESL Instructor is responsible for planning, teaching and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with the ELS curriculum, with assistance from the AD, Instructional Specialists and Senior Instructors; for maintaining student class records; for fulfilling administrative duties as required and/or requested by the AD; and for participating in professional development activities such as workshops, meetings and assisting Associate Instructors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Instructor is specifically responsible for performing the following duties:
- To teach SSP (Structure/Speaking Practice), Vocabulary Enrichment, Reading/Writing, LTC (Language Technology Center) and/or Skills Enhancement Classes (SECs) as assigned
- To prepare lesson plans, exercises and tests.
- To test, evaluate and counsel the student regarding his/her classroom performance.
- To maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- To coordinate instruction, attendance records and evaluation with other teachers.
- To know and adhere to Center and Company policy and procedures, and to communicate local policy to Associate Instructors.
- To complete administrative paperwork as required or requested.
- To maintain performance and attendance records.
- To maintain Center resource materials and files.
- To observe other teachers, as suggested by the AD, for purposes of professional development and to be observed in all facets of the program.
- To participate in administrative meetings and professional development activities.
- To participate in the employee evaluation process (i.e., classroom observations and follow-up discussions and the performance appraisal process).
- To provide Associate Instructors with assistance.
- To develop and/or refine teaching materials at the local level.
- To participate in activities during the Instructor's scheduled class hours and, when requested, to disseminate information about after-class activities.
- To contribute to the maintenance of neat classrooms and a neat staff workroom and staff lounge.
- To substitute in emergency situations for less than a full day (assuming the Instructor is not already teaching a full day) when there are no reasonable alternatives available to the AD.