Senior Architect - Distributed Cloud Computing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Below is the JD for a Senior Architect 12+ Years Profiles only. Request you to please share the profiles for this position.
Role: Senior Architect - Distributed Cloud Computing
Location: Remote or McLean, Virginia
Key things to look for are prior cloud architecture experience, distributed computing development such as Spark, and certification as an AWS or Azure architect. Please let me know in case of any questions.
The Distributed Cloud Computing Architect is an individual contributor, and will perform technical planning, end-to-end architecture development and design specifications for cloud computing environments. He/she will provide subject matter expertise, focusing on the optimization of the enterprise cloud platforms for manageability, scalability, security, and reliability. Will be responsible for identifying industry best practices while providing technical expertise and leadership during design, build, and maintenance of PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS cloud computing services that utilize technology stacks such as DataBricks, Hadoop, Amazon EC2 and Azure distributed computing. Will deliver architecture solutions through all phases of the project lifecycle, including requirements definition, architecture design, conversion, and testing.
- Understands distributed computing architecture principles and articulates value proposition of architecture to business and technology partners. Demonstrates deep subject matter leadership of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Design large-scale cloud architectures and understand relevant cloud services, with deep understanding of consumption-based usage to determine appropriate resource configurations to use.
- Develops current and target state architecture, future vision and migration path that is aligned with broader executive strategies.
- Apply infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to design migration of data and workloads between on-premise and cloud based distributed computing environments.
- Demonstrate mastery of cloud architecture and implementation features (multi-tenancy, orchestration, elastic scalability, serverless designs, networking, security, and fiscal observability). Understand and consider end-to-end observability in architecture designs and implications.
- Recommend and participate in governance practices of the IT organization as they relate to Cloud implementation. Design and formulate disaster recovery plans.
- Ensures decisions around architecture are made in alignment with defined strategies and deviations from standards are accurately identified, addressed, and communicated.
- Ensures that standards set by Data, Security, Infrastructure, Platform and other enterprise architecture domains are followed when designing solutions.
- Decomposes the most sophisticated problems into discrete work units; provides detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with running workloads on public clouds.
- A 4-year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required. A master's degree in Computer Science is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years experience across several of these areas: Cloud architecture, networking, security, storage, DevOps, containers, serverless computing, CI/CD, cloud migrations, IT transformation.
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions).
- Experience with designing, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability.
- Experience with large enterprise level systems and managing data at scale.
- Certification and/or Experience with multiple public cloud providers (AWS, Azure) is required.
- Can take the lead on a complex technical project, which may require the participation of other teams to deliver.
- Experience architecting cloud native solutions or migrating on-prem solutions to cloud.
- Ability to understand and articulate common architectural patterns and design principles.
Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and developers
ELITE IT SOLUTIONS INC
TechnologyView all jobs at ELITE IT SOLUTIONS INC