ABOUT ELITE PREP
Elite Educational Institute has been helping students achieve their academic goals for more than 30 years, and it's our people that make us the best in the business. Elite staff and instructors are motivated, genuine, enthusiastic individuals who share a sincere passion for education. We serve more than 30,000 students each year at 50+ learning centers across the globe.
Elite Prep is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a gift for teaching to help motivated and ambitious high school students to succeed in the following subject area(s):
- Reading and Writing
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- SAT Subject Test Literature
Opportunities may be available for instructors to work in other areas at Elite Prep, including counseling, management, marketing, and beyond.
Elite provides instructors with job training and comprehensive lesson plans from our own curriculum. Instructors are not required to create their own lesson materials or find their own students.
Requirements for employment:
- Bachelor's degree (completed)
- Strong background in relevant subjects
- Prior teaching/tutoring experience is preferred
Ideal candidates for the position will display:
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter
- A dynamic and engaging teaching style
- A proactive personality type with a knack for innovation and creative thinking
- Effective communication skills
- An enthusiasm for learning
- Patience, sincerity, and compassion
Please note that a full background check will be conducted on all employees prior to hire.
Applicants can expect to teach one or more of the SAT and/or ACT Test sections and possibly AP Exam prep or SAT Subject Test prep courses, according to their strengths. There may also be opportunities to provide advice and guidance concerning student’s education plans and American college admissions. They will plan classes around provided class material, handle attendance and other academic record keeping, complete student evaluations, be consulted about curriculum design, and attend faculty meetings and workshops.
- Assist high school students in the mastery of relevant subjects
- Teach daily lessons according to Elite curriculum
- Instruct multiple students in a small-group tutoring or classroom setting (class sizes range from 5-25 students)
- Monitor and record student progress
- Offer creative solutions to problems, both inside and outside of the classroom