MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
EIS Wire & Cable East Granby, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
This job is located in South Hadley, MA
Responsibility for understanding a product family's value stream and improve it by helping to make change happen. Train, coach and manage your shift employees on Lean principles, methods and tools, building capability in the factory to increase the ratio of value to non-value, eliminating waste and stressing the internal customer concept. This is a 2nd shift position.
• Manage 18 - 25 employees on 2nd shift through the utilization of standard work
• Responsible for all production and through-put on your shift
• Improve workplace cooperation, productivity and motivation
• Leading day-to-day activities within the value stream to ensure that current commitments are achieved while improvements are being made.
• Evaluate each operator’s skill-set and work with them to improve team performance
• Manage the training and cross-training of the employees on your shift
• Lead improvement projects with cross-functional teams
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Highly developed knowledge of LEAN philosophy, principles and tools is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Operations, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Lean Certification a plus
• At least 3 year’s experience managing a sustainable LEAN implementation, within a manufacturing environment
• Highly developed knowledge of LEAN philosophy (and in particular creating Value Stream Stability/Flow/Pull)
• Understand standard work and have coached employees to follow it
• Led and developed cross-functional teams.
• Proven experience of leading a change initiative
• Experience of creating a positive working culture, facilitating empowerment and development of people
• Developed teaching and coaching skills
• Developed convincing and persuasion skills with ability to engage people in the mindset change
• Ability to understand and link LEAN Initiatives with business priorities.
• Adaptable and open-minded
• Respect for Standards
• Focus on priorities and problem solving rather than conflict
• Resolve complaints positively by turning them into improvements
• Understand and support the priorities of internal customers
• Able to work with Lean Facilitators on process improvements for repeat problems
• Highly motivated, energetic self-starter
EIS Wire & CableWhy Work Here?
You be joining a motivated and dedicated team in a fast growing company!
Manufacturing company of 100 employees with annual sales of $30 - $35 million. EIS Wire and Cable's long history of engineering expertise and manufacturing excellence has resulted in strong and lasting business relationships with customers in a wide range of diverse industries. Our customers can count on the quality, service and attention to evolving needs that they would expect of a manufacturing partner. Today, EIS Wire and Cable Company operates a modern 125,000 sq. ft. facility based in Western Massachusetts and specializes in Lean Manufacturing, producing a wide range of custom design and standard construction products from single conductor hook-up wire to complex multi conductor, composite cables.
775 New Ludlow RoadEast Granby, CT
ManufacturingView all jobs at EIS Wire & Cable