Senior Cloud Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
*** This is a remote, work from home position from any location ***
EIS is an insurance software company that enables leading insurers to innovate and operate like a tech company: fast, simple, agile. Founded in 2008, EIS provides an open, flexible platform of core systems and digital solutions allowing insurers to accelerate and scale innovation, launch products faster, deliver new revenue channels, and create experiences the world will love. With thousands of APIs, the platform gives insurers the freedom to connect to a vast ecosystem of insurtech and emerging technologies. EIS powers premium growth for insurers in all lines of business worldwide. For more information visit EISGroup.com
The Senior DevOps Engineer combines software development and continuous integration practices of new software solutions within a large scale enterprise Java EE application architecture. The Senior DevOps engineer will be working with a team of highly talented software development professionals and will be responsible for support and development of new processes and tools which ensures successful and effective integration of fully functional and efficient software working product.
* Configure and manage public cloud subscriptions
* Deploy and maintain cloud applications in Kubernetes clusters on multiple cloud platforms AWS, and Azure.
* Improve and manage operations processes using automation and configuration management tools.
* Analyze system behaviors to develop meaningful performance metrics, monitoring, and alerting.
* Provide support for first line helpdesk by analyzing operation processes and resolving issues.
Required skills and experience:
* Operation and maintenance of Linux and Windows
* Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform
* Familiarity with the Groovy DSL for Jenkins Pipeline development is an advantage.
* Experience deploying to and operating containerized applications with Kubernetes.
* Experience of managing deployments with Helm.
* Familiarity with operating node.js-based containers.
* Familiarity with popular database technologies including SQL (Postgres, MSSQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis).
* Familiarity with monitoring tools such as ELK stack.
Desired Skills and experience:
* Experience with Java applications system administration.
* Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
* Attention to detail and relentlessly pursue excellence in producing quality deliverables
EIS Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, andstrongly supports diversity in the workforce.
EIS Group, Inc.
EngineeringView all jobs at EIS Group, Inc.