THIS IS A LOCAL JOB REQUIRING ONSITE WORK IN SAN FRANCISCO AND THE NORTH BAY.
Do you love putting in huge hours? Staying late and lots of weekends sounds great? It's all good because you get foosball and beanbag chairs and you can bring your dog to work? If so, we are probably not the place for you. If individual responsibility, flexibility, ample work-from-home options, and a sound work-life balance are more your speed, then we should talk.
EIS Consulting Group (http://www.eiscg.com/) is looking for a versatile, customer-focused, entry-level technologist for a role that is part remote help desk and part onsite tech at our clients in San Francisco, Marin, and Sonoma Counties. If you are a techie who has also worked retail or front-of-house restaurants, we encourage you to apply.
The help-desk team handles initial support calls and emails. If issues can't be resolved remotely, we send a field tech onsite. Similarly, our professional services group needs an adaptable technician who is more than just "remote hands."
This full-time role is technical and client-facing with approximately half time at client sites and half working either from an office or your home. We are looking for someone with technical aptitude, service orientation, and an eagerness to learn. Our goal is to provide the structure for an entry-level person to develop excellent customer service and the technical skills to eventually work as an engineer or sysadmin. In this role, you would work closely with a Field Support Engineer as well as help-desk and sysadmin folks. The role requires poise and grace, even when helping people who might not be at their best. It's roughly 40% manners and customer service, 20% organization and communication; and 40% technical. This is a full-time, salaried position with paid vacation and holidays, medical benefits (including dental and vision), and 3% employer-contribution 401k plan (even if you don't put in a dime).
- Part of a team responsible for end-user support and initial help-desk queries .
- Deployment and management of workstations and (depending on skill) servers and network devices.
- Communicate well with clients -- understanding their request and helping them at their level of understanding.
- The ability to get to client sites in a timely fashion.
- You must be a "people person" and have a sense of humor. You must be able to communicate with non-technical people in a way that does not insult or intimidate them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and ask appropriate questions.
- Ability to work individually and in teams; knowing when to lead and when to follow and how to make a positive contribution.
- Organized work habits and attention to detail.
- Punctuality; the ability to meet deadlines; and a good grasp of common courtesy and appropriate manners.
- Minimum of one year IT experience.
- Strong knowledge of
- Desktop Windows applications and operating systems.
- IP network concepts and protocols.
- Familiarity with Mac OS X.
- Physical ability to move boxes, computers, servers, and other components. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Live in San Francisco or Marin County and have access to an automobile.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with an IT ticket system, particularly ConnectWise.
- Experience with an RMM tool such as LabTech.
- Ability to communicate in a language besides English.
- Familiarity with Windows Server, Google products, Office 365, Mac OS, Linux, Microsoft Exchange, or Cisco networking.
- Programming or database skills.
- A technical certification or degree.
ABOUT EIS CONSULTING GROUP
EIS is a group of IT professionals with interests and specialties in a wide range of technical areas. We provide IT assessment, planning, implementation, and support for a wide variety of nonprofit clients and small-and-midsize businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and around the world. We pride ourselves on developing long-term relationships with our clients (many have been with us for more than 10 years) and maintaining a reasonable work/life balance for our staff and contractors. EIS has been around for more than 20 years. We have met almost all of our clients through referrals. If you have questions about EIS, we are more than happy to discuss during a call.
- Applicants must be U.S citizens or green card holders and be ready to start within two weeks of receiving an offer.
- To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (Word or Acrobat). Calls are not welcome.
- If interested, we will set up a 30-minute phone interview. If you don't hear from us, we felt it was not going to work out.
- After the phone interview, you will hear from us again. We will not just flake on you.
- If the phone interview went well, we will set up at least one in-person interview and ask for at least three work-related references.
- If all that really goes well, we will extend an offer and we all live happily ever after.