EIG, LLC is seeking a Telecom Project Manager/Estimator with a minimum of 10 years of commercial construction experience. The Telecom Project Manager role is a critical leadership role responsible for providing direction to the project team to complete the project on time while maintaining a high-level of quality, safety, and customer loyalty. This individual will be ultimately responsible for day-to-day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk and business management of a project. Management will be of electrical commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Life Sciences, Higher Education and Commercial. Project Managers will work closely with all members of the Project Team, Project Executives and Regional Leadership Teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Demonstrate understanding and enthusiastic agreement with the vision and mission of EIG.
- Act as the key point of contact for the owner, architect, and project teams.
- New project set up and visiting customer facilities to review project and scope of work to prepare project proposals.
- Understand, project, and coordinate manpower needs with the Low Voltage Superintendent.
- Ensure projects are effectively communicated with field personnel through verbal communication, on site job review, and/or electronically to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Create and coordinate project SOV with Senior Management for approval.
- Create Change Orders in a timely manner.
- Create RFIs and maintain RFI log on a weekly basis.
- Ensure field personnel follows all safety policies and maintains proper training for each project and installation.
- Ensure company property is well taken care of including service trucks, tools, ladders, and general housekeeping is being maintained throughout project.
- Write scope of work and develop cost estimates in response to public and private bid solicitations.
- Attend site walks and pre-bid meetings.
- Evaluate bid documents and make bid strategy suggestions.
- Provide accurate takeoffs and cost estimates per TIA industry standards and BICSI best practices.
- Meet bid schedules and deadlines, working within a very strict time frame.
- Participate in scope review and buy out meetings with clients.
- Manage project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems with a working knowledge of Division 27 specifications.
- Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Experience with running multiple complex, highly technical projects preferably within core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- 10 years of Project Management within Electrical Commercial Construction.
- BICSI/Manufacturer certifications preferred.
Our team of highly skilled and well-trained technical builders and technicians adhere to the highest standards of quality. From conception through implementation and post-installation support, we work with our customer to ensure their design goals and expectations are met and exceeded.
EIG Electrical SystemsEIG is a national electrical design, installation, and support company that has comprehensive solutions for Electrical Construction, Solar PV, Telecom, Prefabrication, and Procurement. Whether our customer has a new, remodel, or tenet improvement project, EIG focuses on delivering exceptional results for technically challenging and sustainable projects nationally. EIG core markets include Advanced Technology, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Higher Education, and Commercial with locations in Sacramento, San Jose, Austin, Raleigh-Durham, and Charlotte. Our team of highly skilled and well-trained technical builders and technicians adhere to the highest standards of quality. From conception through implementation and post-installation support, we work with our customer to ensure their design goals and expectations are met and exceeded.