Senior Survey Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide construction engineering layout and survey services in support of fabrication, installation, modificationwork scopes performed by the SRNS.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Perform field surveying in support of field construction installation activities.
- Operate a variety of survey equipment and instruments in the performance of the physical layout of work toinclude horizontal and vertical control.
- Performing ground penetrating radar (GPR) and researching underground commodities and utilities to support theGPR activities in the fieldProvide dimensional inspection of facility equipment and vendor supplied equipment
- Performing walk downs and constructability reviews of proposed installation/modification design.
- Physically review proposed design deliverables, procedures and action plans and provide proposed changes orsuggestions for proper implementation to achieve desired results.
- Document complete and accurate field records of all work performed.
- Prepare and/or provide data for the preparation of construction survey deliverables including drawings, sketches,field notes, coordinate listing, CAD files, etc.
- Developing as built drawingsPerforming post installation/modification evaluation to ensure completed work meets applicable design,specifications, codes and standards
- The successful candidate will be required to facilitate resolution of installation, schedule and technical issueswhich will require significant interface with multiple organizations including Construction Mgt., SubcontractMgt., Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Operating Facility Systems Engineering, and Operating Facility Mgt.Resolving these issues will often require the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to determine the appropriate path forward after the various possibilities have been considered.
An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate must have the ability toobtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
1.Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5-7 years of related experience ORAssociates Degree and at least 7-9 years of related experience ORHigh School Diploma/GED and at least 10+ years of related experience.
2.Previous experience performing survey, layout, ground penetrating, and commodity & undergroundresearch
3.Experience with optical tooling surveys, vertical and horizontal surveys, and ground penetrating radar
4.Ability to perform dimensional inspection of facility equipment and vendor supplied equipment to tighttolerances (1/16 in)
5.Ability to qualify and maintain qualification as a radiological worker and enter contaminated areaswearing the appropriate protective clothing, full and half face respirator, and plastic hood / plastic suit
6.Ability to withstand an outdoor environment and perform walk downs that may include climbing
7.Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE ‘’Q’’ clearance
8.Previous experience performing optical tooling surveys, vertical and horizontal surveys, groundpenetrating radar and underground commodities & utilities research utilizing SRNS specific processes,programs, procedures and systems is preferred.
9.Demonstrated previous SRS experience
EGS, INC.is a government contractor that complies with Executive Orders 11246, 13672, 13665, as well as Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended VEVRAA. As such, the term “contractor” will apply to EGS, Inc. as stated below in this policy. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with our organization’s legal duty furnish information