Our reputable client in Battle Creek is looking to add a Support Services Manager to their team! Come and put your skills to work with a great organization that offers fabulous benefits and a fun work environment.
Responsibilities of the position:
Responsibilities include directly supervising the LAN Administrator and all IT Technicians. This position is responsible for providing daily management of all help desk requests and ensuring that all issues are resolved in a timely manner. Responsibilities include ensuring end-user support in a timely and courteous manner, mentoring and training staff to ensure all systems can be supported in a minimal time-frame, scheduling staff in accordance with set priorities, and managing and documenting the workload of the staff through the help desk software. Manage remote and desk-side hardware and software support for end users of PC-based systems and diagnose and repair issues related to hardware and software including operating systems, office applications, networks, computer operations, phone systems, and POS.
Duties of the position:
- Oversees and mentors the Support Services team.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Support Services team.
- Interfaces with all departments, regarding current Information Technology (IT).
- Manages the Installation of hardware, software, operating systems and office applications including: unpacking new equipment, installing and removing options in PC’s, installing and configuring software, performing backups of workstations and servers, shutdown and moving workstations, and perform PC installations and swaps.
- Provide end-user support in a timely and courteous manner.
- Creates job aids such as quick reference guides and disseminates information to system users by writing desk instructions and training guides.
- Works with structured wiring systems, maintain, troubleshoot and support fiber optic and copper connectivity.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports network hardware in LAN, WAN, and wireless configurations.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports telephones, voicemail, and POS system.
- Performs administrative functions such as writing reports, maintaining accurate records, etc.
- Informs Director of IT of problem trends and provide status reports.
- Properly maintain records of help-desk-related activities.
- Role model the skills of guest service and interacts positively through relationships with guests, coworkers, and supervisors displaying genuine concern and mutual respect for people’s needs. Greet guests positively, treating each person as an individual and in a professional manner. Demonstrate skill in dealing with guest complaints, using active listening skills to defuse difficult and sometimes emotionally charged situations to maintain the guest’s goodwill.
- Understands the goals and vision of the organization, and demonstrates commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Prioritizes tasks, handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include maintaining sufficient staffing levels; interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Business Administration from a four-year college or university required and two years of experience in Information Technology.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or MS Certified Professional (MCP).
- Successful completion of any of the organization training programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have good mathematical skills and reasoning ability.
Together with the employees we place, we keep offices, factories, communities, and families functioning and thriving.
EG Workforce Solutions
Why Work Here?At EG, our mission is to help people succeed. We do that by matching job seekers with employers, but that’s just the beginning. The EG team is trained and dedicated to guiding you through the hiring process and finding you a job, a paycheck, and a workplace community that values you. Together with the employees we place, we keep offices, factories, communities, and families functioning and thriving.
Come and put your skills to work with a great company in the Kalamazoo area! This is a direct hire role that offers great benefits