Day Shift positions available.
Apply online or in person for this position. In person applications accepted at 1501 Corporate Place, Suite 100, La Vergne, TN 37086. Applications accepted Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. CST.
The Machine Operator position is responsible for operating cutting machines while monitoring and controlling the quality of the machining processes by utilizing process control tools.
Key duties include:
- Performing production processes in accordance with established work instructions, while meeting required quality standards and efficiencies
- Loading/unloading material
- Performing first piece inspections and logging scrap
- Packing product on pallets and racks
- Performing and documenting quality checks
- Maintaining and improving 5S activities, keeping work areas clean, orderly, safe for all team members
- Communicating with leadership at the beginning and end of each shift
- Working in a safe manner
- Performing other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English language
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use hands and fingers to assemble parts
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, and push up to 30 pounds
- Occasional squatting, kneeling, bending and stooping
An industry leader in providing practical solutions to foam molding and fabrication, EFP has a diversified product offering and serves the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical, automotive, recreational vehicle, appliance, plumbing, consumer goods, and building and construction industries. The company is headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana and has manufacturing locations in Elkhart, Indiana, Decatur, Alabama, Nashville, Tennessee, and Evansville, Indiana.
EFP can design, mold, fabricate and provide fulfillment capabilities, kitting, assembly, custom systems, and inventory management. Nashville is also home to the company’s Temperature Solutions Center of Excellence.
For more than 30 years, EFP, LLC has been owned by J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc., a privately held, diversified manufacturing company with operating subsidiaries throughout North America. In addition to expanded foam products, these companies produce commercial van bodies, step vans, funeral coaches, limousines, pick-up truck bed enclosures and tonneau covers, and precision machined components. The size and strength of the Poindexter companies provides EFP with the leadership and resources to stay on the leading edge in today’s market place. Because of this, EFP can provide our customers ground breaking packaging and component solutions.
For more information about our company, access EFP's web site at www.efpcorp.com.
EFP offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits. EFP’s benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) Plan with company contributions.
EFP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.