Aircraft Interiors Mechanic
- Expired: March 25, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
To perform functions assigned in the disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50lbs unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Hand tools, power tools, sewing and serge machines, shears, ladders, stools.
Work Location: Utilized base wide.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, sharp instruments, working around moving machinery.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, ear protection, gloves, respirators, dust masks
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, and testing of cabin interiors and related equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations, policies and procedures.
- Installs aircraft interior furnishings, trim and accessories, including carpeting, sidewalls, doors, windows, seats, partitions, galleys, and passenger service units, according to specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and production procedures to determine measurements and installation procedures.
- Measures and marks installation areas in aircraft interior, using measuring and marking instruments and templates, drills, reams, countersinks, and rivets.
- Trims and files parts and assemblies, using hand tools and power tools.
- Fits and installs items in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and fasteners, such as screws, rivets bolts and speed nuts.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Fabricates and installs supporting structural devices such as clips, brackets, angles, gussets, and doublers, using shop equipment.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Tests functional performance of installed items.
- Reworks installations as required.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
- Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with or without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: Three years experience in aircraft interior maintenance preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: Airframe License or Repairman’s Certificate for Interiors and Related Structures preferred. Valid driver’s license required.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Aircraft Interior Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.