This is a temporary position for only 5 months.The Support for the Scale Master is responsible for the daily scale activities and is the “gate keeper” for traffic into and out of the plant yard and scale. This position is expected to coordinate and communicate clearly and effectively the inbound and outbound trucking plan, (including trailers and containers), to ensure the smooth flow of material and vehicles in and out of the plant. The Scale Master also attends to customers, runs the truck scale, and inputs the information into the applicable system. This position, in coordination with the Production Supervisors, coordinates, updates, and communicates daily and weekly inventory levels and is the gatekeeper for information relating to current inventory levels and status.
- Process and/or enter all inbound and outbound plant transactions daily, scale tickets, including bills of lading, packing lists, unload sheets, route sheets, manual entry of overnight tickets, manual entry of route tickets, and update information into cieTrade, making corrections to system as needed.
- Operate scale and add weight into system.
- Check in drivers.
- Enter dispatch tickets for roll-off trucks and tractor/trailer swaps.
- Monitor weight limits on trucks.
- Assist as needed with any customer and supplier concerns to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Perform administrative functions including backup of front desk reception, data entry, filing, answering phones.
- Provide backup support for the Transportation Coordinator as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Have a positive attitude and keep a solution-based and customer-focused mindset at all times.
- Take pride in quality of work and attention to detail.
- Professional in-person and phone presence and etiquette.
- Ability to make informed decisions easily and decisively.
- Capacity to work with little to no supervision using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Complete tasks and projects within deadlines.
- Partner with team to resolve issues and highlight opportunities.
- Capable of building and maintaining effective and respectful working relationships with fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Ability to pass a criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
- This position is in a production warehouse and logistics environment.
- Must be able to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- May be required to work outside normal business operating hours, including weekends and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- One year of customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of CRM databases.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skillset.