- Posted: over a month ago
EFI Automotive is a family company that has been a first and second-tier independent component supplier for more than 80 years. Today, it operates internationally to be as close as possible in serving leading automotive manufacturers and working with them to meet the challenges of a worldwide industry. Our drive for innovation is at the heart of automotive challenges. It focuses on sensors, actuators and intelligent location service systems for applications that contribute to engine (internal combustion, hybrid and electric) and transmission efficiency and improve vehicle comfort and safety. Although we are fundamentally manufacturers and automobiles have always been our driving force, our culture has always been a customer-focused service company first and foremost. Herein lies our main competitive advantage.
EFI Automotive in Elkmont, AL has an exciting opportunity for a program manager! A successful candidate for this position will possess a high degree of customer focus, a strong sense of collaboration, a high level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will possess well rounded skills in program management and a solid background in team and individual problem solving, technical communication, knowledge of quality tools, ISO 9000, IATF 16949, APQP, SPC, PPAP and high-volume electronics manufacturing processes. The candidate will be responsible to develop the project within the budget cost, the lead time and the quality of the product in line with EFI internal procedures from decision making to release in production.
Ensure operational link between project development and production in compliance with quality standards, costs, and lead-times, adhering Electricfil guidelines and procedures.
Job Title: Program manager
Reports To: R&D Manager
- Job Summary - Global view: Act as the technical product liaison between the customer and EFI Automotive. Understand the needs of the customer and offer reasonable continuous improvement solutions, such as Technical changes and EcoTechs. Perform project management tasks for the development of the product: conception with CAD and electronics department, prototype phase, validation of the product, for the industrialization activities and quality assurance. The program manager is responsible to develop the project within the budget cost, the lead time and the quality of the product in line with EFI internal procedures from decision making to release in production. Manage the introduction of the changes by supporting customer project managers (one voice to the customer). Also propose new changes to maintain EFC product profitability all along serial life of the products.
III. Job Duties:
- Lead development of Ecotehcs or technical changes,
- Lead teammates to deliver changes on time, with the expected quality level,
- Make sure changes are robust and interface with all departments to deliver on time,
- Create and maintain detailed project plans including product requirement documents, development budgets, manpower forecasts, technical objectives, schedules, project and product cost estimates.
- Create and maintain product and part records using appropriate systems and processes.
- Validate manufacturing equipment and fixture specifications, if needed,
- Provide manufacturing support for assigned product lines
- Manage and coordinate cost reduction projects
- Assign and plan appropriate resources for these different time frame regarding technical changes
- Provide a regular report which presents project progress
- Participate to the capacity analysis
- Actively participate the margin management loops and propose ne ideas to maintain products profitability
Program Launch manager:
- Make the SOP's as smooth as possible: Approximately 6 months prior to SOP's, make sure that programs are validated. If not raise topics that need to be addressed and fixed on time
- Working in collaboration with the customer program manager, be the "R2 voice of the customer"
- Actively participate to weekly project reviews and raise all topics that are not in compliance to the target
- Fill the specific digital form
Technical changes program manager: ECOTHECH
- In collaboration with purchasing and supply chain team, co-define the roadmap to be deployed
- Prepare all risks analysis, best possible timing as well as qualification plan, based on risk analysis
- Drive the interface with customer program managers to make changes happen in customer program - keep a close contact with PM's
- Support the PM's in customer presentations
- Work with Supply chain and R2 teams to make it happen in production floor.
RFQ's - support FAE and Sales team in their order intake quest
- On FAE/Sales team request support technical data such as:
- Machine availability
- Best process choice
- Preferred contact (SPOC) to FAE in Detroit for all questions related to Elkmont - make sure to answers are delivered on time
- Administrative/ logistics
- Upon requests contribute to fill the costsheets on the relevant tools (as of today TM1)
- Actively participates in Safety Committee and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management
- Comply with Quality, Safety and Environment production standards.
- Inform or report any malfunction that may impact the product, the environment and/or the safety of personnel.
- Adhere to and implement everything in its power to achieve the Quality, Safety and Environment objectives and reduce the environmental impacts related to the activity of Electricfil Automotive.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Is accountable to deliver Ecotech program son time and in profitable manner, with the right quality standards,
- Actively contribute to the smooth SOPs,
- Contribute to the Intake order pipeline by providing the relevant information and support to FAE,
- Contacts (Internal & External Customers):
- (Internally) Individual will interface with management, and all levels of personnel within the organization.
- (Externally) Individual will work closely with customers, upon Customer program requetss
- Job Specifications (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial)
- 3 + years of related work experience
- Specific knowledge (language, IT.....):
- ERP mastery of production,
- Excel and Word mastery,
- Knowledge of quality tools, Global 8- D, SPC, 5 Why and QRQC
- Technical skills:
- Problem solving
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9000, IATF 16949, APQP, SPC, PPAP
- Knowledge of high-volume electronics manufacturing processes
- Key competencies:
- Autonomous - Diplomat, attentive, sense of dialogue, organized, good communicator, proactive. Persevering and argumentative in carrying out his missions - Sense of priorities
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?