- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Junior Buyer ensures the availability of material, for production use or internal consumption, within schedule, inventory value and quality guidelines. Manages the vetting of vendors to ensure compliance and quality standards are met or exceeded. Quality, on-time delivery, and cost management are critical to the success of the company and are the main priorities of the Buyer/Planner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with the Senior Buyer, Product Management and Production Supervisors to understand current business needs and production status.
- Derives demands for assigned materials based on the Customer demand provided by the master production schedule current inventory positions and outstanding purchase orders. Generates a procurement plan optimized for scheduler, cost and inventory position.
- Releases Purchase Orders to Suppliers based on material demands, purchasing criteria and management input.
- Ensures material availability to support current customer demand.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel and supervisors, on material status and production planning issues.
- Recommends material or procurement strategies that benefit the company in cost, schedule or quality.
- Participates in review of discrepant material and coordinates supplier involvement as required utilizing our NCR process in compliance with our QMS.
- Provides feedback to the sales team on order status, commitments, forecast, and related Materials metrics.
- Provides management metric data as required.
- Proactively ensures the assigned materials meet the quality needs of the product and organization.
- Analyzes and resolves material issues with associated suppliers and production planners.
- Initiates or suggests plan to motivate suppliers to achieve company goals.
- Analyze costs and negotiate prices for goods and services
- Responsible for sourcing new suppliers that will improve the company’s ability to meet customer demand
- Strong problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
No direct supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in related major or equivalent work experience desirable.
- 2 years experience in an MRP II, Kanban, or VMI is helpful
- Knowledge of, or experience in, inventory management practices.
- Must be fluent in a Microsoft Office environment, advanced skills in Excel highly desired..
- Association with a professional purchasing organization is highly desired.
- MRP II training and experience are highly desired.
- Kanban training and experience are highly desired.
- Quality training in a Kaizen, ISO-9000, AS 9100, Six-Sigma or similar program is highly desirable.
- APICS training or certification is desirable.
700 West Park Ave. Perkasie Pa 18944Perkasie, PA
Get fresh Junior Buyer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.