PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Marketing Communication Manager is responsible for the execution of all internal and external communications including public relations, advertising programs and event marketing programs. This position is also responsible for Implementation and management of channel marketing programs including inside sales functions related to the channel. The Marketing Communication Manager will manage and execute demand generation/lead qualification, inbound/content marketing program and marketing automation and manage digital marketing including internal/external websites, SEO programs and social media.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Marketing Communications Manager position reports to the VP, Marketing Communications and includes managing a team that is responsible for the following functions:
- Responsible for the company’s entire portfolio of content; traditional and online (web, mobile, email, etc.) for both internal and external needs.
- Work with marketing leadership to identify the most appropriate methods for distributing digital and print media content to employees, customers and other key stakeholders
- Research and create content for online and offline marketing deliverables such as customer and product brochures, customer and employee testimonials, white papers, case studies, advertising materials, presentations, video and animation scripts, email campaigns, and training material
- Oversee and execute public relations responsibilities such as PR competitive analysis, developing and pitching news stories to publication editors, identifying PR opportunities, award recognition opportunities, creating media kits, etc.
- Develop product and brand-specific advertising programs for the company; coordinate the placement of all online and printed advertising
- Manage the inside sales department with setting and tracking of goals for lead qualification and conversion rates.
- Manage the integration of demand generation across the various marketing content and activities with the sales CRM and coordinate effective lead qualification and handover of leads to the sales teams
- Oversee execution of events including tradeshows, customer and partner events, industry events, sales training sessions and other corporate events
- Identify event marketing opportunities outside of current program to expand brand awareness to new audiences
- Develop brand guidelines and ensure consistent adherence to guidelines for all marketing materials and activities.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other AFCO’s and subsidiaries (JKUSA, JKCA, JKAU, Zetron, etc.) to align event management, marketing and branding across the JVCKenwood sister companies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONTINUED:
- Develop and execute online strategies that include search engine optimization, keyword search, search engine marketing and social media
- Manage the corporate website, search engine marketing and search engine optimization programs
- Constantly explore, recommend, use and optimize communication methods, vehicles and technologies to engage with various audiences, particularly as part of fully integrated demand generation campaigns
- Work closely with Sales to develop new campaigns to align with sales goals
- Responsible for art directing, storyboarding and message development for creative design work for various online and offline ads, signage, and marketing materials.
- Manage lead sources, lead generation programs, and monitor notifications
- Maintain marketing database in CRM
- Maintain alignment between HubSpot and CRM to avoid gaps and disconnects across teams
- Provide support to Bids & Proposals as needed
- Facilitate communication and provide support to the dealer channel
- Source and manage vendors for print production, e-store platform, web hosting, and freelancers as needed
- Manage Marketing Communications budget
- Agrees to abide by the established Approval Matrix
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in marketing communications, content marketing, creative design and general marketing experience.
- Minimum 5 years management and marketing experience
- Strategic thinker with tactical skills to get things done.
- Ability to lead and drive a cross functional team to achieve marketing department goals
- Strong designer, writer and editor of materials-- both marketing and communications focused.
- Masterfully organized to juggle multiple high priority projects that may be diverse in nature.
- Ability to work with senior leadership in a consultative fashion.
- Creative thinker with new ideas for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, dealers and employees behind the EFJ brand.
- Experience with CRM and lead management tools such as HubSpot
- Effectively coordinate information, processes, and problem resolution with internal departments.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced & deadline driven environment.
- Must have attention to detail, a commitment to quality, and be results driven and customer focused.
- Skilled at managing both internal and external customer expectations, handling group conflict and meeting self-established timelines.
- Ability to make decisions while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.