East End Cooperative Ministry (EECM) is looking for a detail-oriented degreed accountant to perform a variety of accounting functions, including, but not limited to journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, variance analysis, and billing. This role works closely with agency departmental staff, the CEO and Director of Finance on various fiscal projects, as well as external auditors for various financial statement and other audits. This is a full-time exempt position that reports directly to the Director of Finance.
EECM has been building a community of opportunity in Pittsburgh since 1970. We are dedicated to helping vulnerable adults and at-risk children and youth throughout our Pittsburgh neighborhoods. EECM seeks to make a difference in the lives of the individuals and families it serves by tending to their needs for today as well as their hopes for tomorrow. EECM offers educational programs, drug and alcohol prevention programs, violence prevention programs. If you are passionate about helping other people and trying to make the world a better place, this position will satisfy those goals, as well as provide an exciting, flexible, and challenging work environment.
Cash Receipts/Billing/Accounts Receivable
- Process daily checks and electronic bank deposits.
- Daily cash receipt journal entry and daily reporting to CEO.
- Daily bank to book cash reconciliation.
- Monthly billing to government agencies, customers, and tenants.
- Monthly review of AR Aging and follow up on open balances.
- Maintain accuracy of account receivable data in the accounting system.
Month End Close
- Prepares monthly general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries and supporting schedules for various balance sheet accounts.
- Allocate costs in accounting system as needed.
- Bank statement reconciliations.
- Finalize monthly billing for various agency programs.
- Income statement variance analysis.
- Field questions from department directors on variances (actual to budget/current/ytd/prior year).
- Perform monthly reconciliation with development department to ensure proper coding of donations/grants to appropriate general ledger accounts.
Semi-Monthly Payroll Processing
- Coordinate timelines for timecard approvals with agency staff and supervisors.
- Follow up and resolve any timecard exceptions with staff and supervisors.
- Process semimonthly payroll.
- Prepare analysis for Director of Finance review.
- Wage garnishment administration.
- Research and resolve payroll issues.
- Maintain fiscal office payroll files.
- Bachelor degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2-4 years progressive accounting experience.
- Previous experience with ADP Workforce and MIP accounting systems, government billing using MPER, CIPS, CCBHO systems preferred.
- Accurate with a high attention to detail.
- Upbeat can do attitude with ability to multitask.
- Must be self-directed and efficient with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and organizational skills.
- Must keep all accounting/payroll/human resources matters in confidence.
East Liberty, PA