Online High School Chemistry and Math Teacher
The purpose is to teach the science and math standards as set forth by the Arizona Department of Education to students enrolled in our online school while using the content standards to teach the various subjects. Help students acquire the knowledge and skills set forth in these standards through courses built online using online resources that have been found through research and collaboration. It is the job of the teacher to monitor, motivate, manage, and teach online through email, phone, and virtual teaching sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and teaches content and skills in chemistry and mathematics.
- Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Evaluates academic growth of students, prepares final grades, keeps appropriate academic and non-academic records
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
- Adapts science and mathematics material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson that guide and challenge students in the online environment.
- Develops courses and supplementary materials that align to the state standards.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive student-teacher interactions.
- Communicates with parents and school staff on student progress.
- Participates in faculty meetings and professional development (i.e. staff, PLC, SST or any other)
- Administers standardized testing in accordance with state and Sequoia testing practices (may require travel within Arizona).
- Develops courses within the Learning Management System by deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in education or highly qualified under NCLB
- Arizona (or reciprocal teaching) certificate, college transcripts to prove highly qualified status.
- Able to manage multiple tasks within short time frames, organize self and students to increase efficiency and effectiveness, possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and public.
- Possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Confident user of technology
- Must have a valid AZ DPS IVP fingerprint card.
EducationView All Edkey Jobs
Get fresh Online High School Chemistry and Math Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.