RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design, develop, track and update competitive intelligence and market penetration database.
- Manage stage gate process for New Product Development (NPD) initiatives.
- Update databases, collect requests for product requirements and create foundations for business cases.
- Interact with customers to assess product development needs, provide follow-up, and gauge product development opportunities.
- Develop score card and related slides for monthly NPD update.
- Develop dashboards for Product Team to manage analytics, providing "deep dives into data, becoming the "Tableau Expert.
- Manage projects with Engineering and Product Development ensuring product launch is on time and on budget.
- Provide financial projections, commitments for growth for new product launches.
- Lead training sessions to educate customers on product strategy.
- Lead/drive a close and effective cross-functional team dynamic.
- Create product documentation and sales collateral for sales and technical presentations.
- Travel required for learning and understanding the Voice of the Customer (VOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Bachelor of Arts in Business, Finance or Liberal Arts
- Master of Science or MBA a plus
This position has no direct reports.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in product development, marketing, or brand management with the ability to understand commercial production, sales, and B2B marketing.
- Experience with industrial product manufacturing or product management a plus.
- Possess knowledge of sales channels - distribution, contractor, end-user, specifying engineers, etc.
- Project Management-Product Analyst skill set.
- Believes in customer-centric and data-driven product design processes.
- Ability and desire to learn new business systems quickly including Tableau
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Access is a plus.
- Take on various jobs and tasks to support the product team.