This position is responsible for building and maintaining complex business intelligence solutions and architectures. Reviews technical and business requirements to ensure BI solutions meet a business need. Implement procedures to automate the allocation of data, control accessibility and maintain security controls.
Apply basic principles, theories, and concepts to development projects. Solve a diverse range of complex problems, working closely with the Database Administrator. Provide support during system implementation and production. Suggest new features, coding techniques and reference material.
This position will be responsible to:
- Develops business intelligence solutions and architecture using Query Studio, C-Reports, Qlik Sense, local database and other BI tools.
- Work with Head Office to prioritize and develop global reporting requirements from business users.
- Develop queries, functions and stored procedures using T-SQL, Windows Command Prompts and Batch Files to retrieve data from core application databases such as LARA/LISA.
- Design Qlik Sense analysis dashboards, storybooks and KPI.
- Develop functional and technical specifications, documentation and code while working independently or as part of a team.
- Design and implement governance process for BI reporting and Qlik Sense analysis.
- Provide multi-office support to key business users and end users.
- Support and troubleshoot production business intelligence tools as required, optimizing performance and resolving production problems in a timely manner.
- Develop API requirements and liaison with Head Office for prioritization, development and deployment of API for Americas. Design and development customer requirements for local developments.
- Proactively identify problems and make recommendations regarding business intelligence solutions.
- Plan, manage, monitor and report about activities and progress.
- Assist in training new Query Studio, C-Reports and Qlik Sense key users.
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Vocational or Technical Diploma required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience with business intelligence solutions and architecture required.
- Knowledge in dashboard and storybook design
- Knowledge of database theory and design
- Knowledge of online analytical processing
- Ability to create tables, views and analytical queries using transactional SQL statements from a database, other than Access.
- Ability to create queries using Query Studio, C-Reports
- MySQL, MS SQL database software
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Highly motivated and dependable.
- Logical in-sequence thinking is necessary for issue resolution
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well under pressure
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Qlik Sense Experience Preferred
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Web application programming experience is required.
- Shipping industry experience is a plus.
Our commitment to our values becomes tangible in our daily customer interactions and lifetime customer relationships.
At EDI Staffing, we know that having the right kind of people in your company is vital to any successful business, but we also understand how difficult it can be to find the right person for the job. However, we have almost two decades of experience finding top talent for our clients and can do the same for you.
Our team has been staffing top EDI and IT talent since 1994. As a result, we have gained niche knowledge in the areas of:
EDI and EAI
Information Technology (IT)
Healthcare and HIPAA IT