EDGEWISE THERAPEUTICS INC Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
About the Position
Scientific position with a range of duties including performing high-quality experiments; producing consistent and reliable data; and reporting results in a timely and organized manner. This position will be based in Portland, Oregon.
- Learn and perform muscle experiments to investigate a specific question or problem in collaboration with supervisor and/or project team members
- Conduct detailed wet laboratory experiments with appropriate technique and adequate controls satisfactory to substantiate/replicate results
- Excellent hand eye coordination required to efficiently screen novel drug compounds
- Coordinate laboratory work and schedule with the objectives of the team
- Interpret basic experimental results and draw data driven conclusions
- Report organized data, making comparisons, identifying trends and unique results
- Make suggestions to improve laboratory efficiency and expand research capability
- Operate at a high level of competence in laboratory technology related to the assigned project
- Demonstrate basic command of scientific techniques and tools used in the research field
- Participate in project team meetings
- Maintain clear scientific records electronic form
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Read, understand, and comply with all workplace health and safety policies; safe work practices; and company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education, Experience, Skills:
- B.S. in scientifically-related field
- 2+ years of research laboratory experience
- Familiarity with safe and efficient laboratory practices
- General scientific computer and software application proficiency
- Bioinformatics knowledge a plus
- Muscle physiology knowledge a plus
We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive base salary, discretionary bonus, company ownership and comprehensive benefits. Edgewise also offers the opportunity to be part of a small, collaborative and passionate biotech team. To learn more, please go to www.edgewisetx.com.
Edgewise is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen.
EDGEWISE THERAPEUTICS INCWhy Work Here?
Join a fantastic team working on important science to make a difference for patients with serious muscle diseases.
Edgewise Therapeutics is a biotechnology company harnessing proven expertise and understanding of skeletal muscle physiology to develop novel, transformative therapies for serious muscle diseases. Based in Boulder, Colorado, we have built a state-of-the-art muscle research facility to capitalize on new insights into the nature and consequences of muscle adaptation and injury with disease. We have recently added a small lab facility in Portland, Oregon. Edgewise recently completed an IPO which will support the advancement of Edgewise Therapeutic’s lead product candidate into clinical development for Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy (DMD and BMD) as well as expansion of the company’s pipeline. The company’s leadership team has founded multiple biotechnology startups, several of which have gone on to become publicly-traded companies and brings to bear a depth of experience in drug discovery, development and commercialization.
2828 S. Corbett Ave Portland OR 97201Portland, OR
ScienceView all jobs at EDGEWISE THERAPEUTICS INC