- Posted: over a month ago
Scope of Job: The Project Engineer is a key member of the project Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) team. The Project Engineer will support the Project Manager and provide planning, technical support, and supervision related to the EPC process of commercial and industrial solar PV projects. This position works at EPC job sites and the company offices. The Project Engineer will support the following functions: health and safety initiatives, quality control, design review, estimating and budget preparation, purchasing and contract administration, construction management, and general project administration.
- Support tasks related to management of subcontractors, consultants, and vendors.
- Support management of on-site construction of solar PV projects to conform to the design and contract documents and the national and local building codes including the National Electric Code.
- Support, plan, schedule, and execute the construction of solar PV projects to meet project schedules. Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in developing and tracking the project schedule and confirm the availability of material to maintain the schedule.
- Provide management support for the design of the projects including management of outside consultant disciplines such as surveying, civil, environmental, landscaping, geotechnical, structural, and electrical.
- Prepare equipment and subcontractor Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, evaluate bids and proposals, prepare Purchase Orders and subcontractor contracts.
- Support the Project Director/Project Manager in the preparation of the EPC construction budget. Participate as requested in budget review meetings with senior management.
- Support Project Manager directives and assignments related to quality control, commissioning, and completion.
- Support safe work practices including OSHA standards, company safety programs, and policies relative to the installation of these systems. Support enforcement of safety standards established by the client and the company to manage risk and achieve safety and health goals of no incidents and no lost time due to injury and no property damage.
- Support Project Manager with regard to document control, design review, product literature review and approval, interconnection agreement implementation, model codes review and regulations.
- Assures change orders are coordinated and tracked.
- Update CPM schedules and two-week look-ahead schedules.
- Manage the Quality Control program for the project including collaboration with Subcontractors, Consultants, Vendors and other QC professionals.
- Manage coordination with interconnecting utility.
- Prepare meeting notes, meeting agendas, and action status reports at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Coordinate with the Operations & Maintenance team at project commissioning and close-out.
- Represents the company as a job site representative to the project stakeholders including client, utility, authorities having jurisdiction, and community members. Interact with integrity, always displaying a professional appearance and attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision of Others: No supervision of other Company personnel.Qualifications:
Education/Experience Typically requires:
- College degree: BS Engineering, Construction Management, or physical science
- Building trades experience, preferred
- Entry level to 3 years of related experience in design, construction management, or general contracting
- Project Management training preferred
- NABCEP certification desired or ability and willingness to achieve certification
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record required
- Safety training (OSHA 10-Hour or OSHA 30-Hour Certification)
- First Aid/CPR training
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion. Weather conditions and terrain will vary depending on geographical location of project site. Frequent travel to project sites required.
Working Conditions: 90% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 10% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors' and/or internal customers' sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.
Fiscal Responsibilities: None.
Reasonable Accommodations: Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS: In alignment with our core values and placing safety first, EDF Renewables will implement a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all US hires. Proof of full vaccination will be required to accept an offer with a hire date on or after January 3, 2022.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions, Inc.