O&M Service Technician / Electrician
EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions, Inc. Minneapolis, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
The O&M Service Technician / Electrician is a key member of the Asset Management team. The O&M Service Technician / Electrician will perform and oversee subcontractor performance of various operations and maintenance (O&M) activities at large commercial and utility-scale solar PV plants. This position works at existing PV power plants and manages health and safety, quality control, and other duties. The O&M Service Technician manages subcontractors and coordination between engineering, design, procurement, construction, and O&M.
- Manage O&M solar PV projects to conform to applicable design and contract documents, applicable legal requirements, and the national and local building codes including the National Electric Code.
- Successfully plan, schedule, and execute the periodic preventive maintenance of solar PV projects to meet contract schedules.
- Assist the Director of Technology Operations and the Field Service Manager in developing the preventive maintenance for PV projects, implement the preventive maintenance with minimal supervision, and confirm the availability of materials and parts to maintain the PV project within all schedule and other requirements.
- Successfully and efficiently manage subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Follow and ensure subcontractors and others on site follow safe work practices including OSHA standards and Company safety programs and policies relative to the installation, operation, maintenance, repair, replacement, and removal of PV systems.
- Follow and ensure subcontractors and others on site follow safety standards established by the landowner, PV project owner, and Company.
- Manage PV project risk and achieve Company safety and health goals of no reportable incidents, no lost time due to injury, and no property damage.
- Interpret and comply with design drawings, plans, construction drawings and plans, permits, product literature, interconnection agreements, model codes and regulations, and agreements with PV system owners.
- Manage each PV project to meet or exceed industry practices, processes, and standards.
- Manage quality control for each PV project, including quality assurance for ongoing operations and for repair and maintenance activities.
- Manage coordination with interconnecting utility for each PV project.
- Monitor PV project performance on a daily basis (including weekends and holidays).
- Respond effectively and on a timely basis to PV project alarms, including remote and on-site troubleshooting, interfacing with PV project owner, subcontractors, suppliers and vendors.
- Manage warranty claims and service for PV projects.
- Prepare and provide detailed reporting with respect to all activities for each PV project.
- Represent Company as to each PV Project assigned to the project stakeholders including client, utility, authorities having jurisdiction, and community members.
- Interact with stakeholders with honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
- Travel to PV project sites and Company offices, including overnight stays if required, subject to the Company travel policy.
- Coordinate with Company EPC team at PV project commissioning and close-out.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma; some college course work
- Bachelor's degree desired
- Building trades experience
- Controls, communications, and low voltage experience preferred
- Licensed electrician preferred, but not required
- Commercial electrical design and construction practices.
- Commercial and/or industrial building systems, with solar PV system knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret, and manage construction, operation and maintenance, and warranty contracts.
- Safe use of electrical testing and metering equipment.
- Computer skills including MS Office 365 and Outlook.
- Project management software, including file and data input and retrieval, report generation, and schedule creation and updating.
- OSHA construction safety requirements.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Adaptable and able to set and re-evaluate priorities frequently.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project team and supervisor and make recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to be productive with minimal direct supervision.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion. Daily travel to outdoor solar plants, year-round, in varied weather conditions. Work time spent in office environment, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Our local office is located in Columbia, MD. The primary solar PV plant for this position is located in Annapolis, MD. The ideal candidate will reside local to Annapolis (within 45 minutes or less) or is able to relocate.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions, Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions, Inc.