EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Provide project management and support to EDF Renewables Distributed Solutions (EDFR DS) initiatives focused on the aggregation of distributed energy resources (including behind-the-meter solar, storage, electric vehicle charging and flexible demand response loads) into Virtual Power Plants, initially focused on California wholesale markets.Responsibilities:
60% - Product Development and Marketing
- Analysis of product and service offerings (energy, capacity, grid services) available within EDFR DS’ and potential 3rd party partner behind-the-meter assets which can be marketed in California wholesale markets, including economic and financial analysis of various project alternatives
- Outreach to, and marketing of products and services to potential front-of-the-meter offtakers in California including utilities, municipalities, CCAs and other load-serving entities
- Identification of regulatory (CPUC, CAISO, FERC) pathways and potential barriers to wholesale market monetization, including participation models (PDR, DERP, NGR, DRAM)
35% - Operational Planning and Procurement
- Development of processes and procedures needed for operation of the VPP and identification of internal and 3rd party resources responsible for execution
- Evaluation, procurement and implementation of internal and 3rd party technology solutions needed to meet operational requirements, including VPP control platforms, aggregation level co-optimization engines, resource, load and market price forecasting
5% - Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Others:
No direct reportsQualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or related fields
- 7+ years of work experience in distributed energy, policy or related fields
- Expert-level knowledge of distributed energy resources and virtual power plants
- Knowledge of the landscape and a broad network amongst California power market players including Load Serving Entities and regulatory authorities
- A broad skillset demonstrating an understanding of technical, financial and political concepts
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
~80% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Sage ERP, salesforce.com), phones, and general office equipment.
~20% of the time is spent travelling to meet with customers, regulators, vendors and partners.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.