EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
PowerFlex Systems, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables NorthAmerica, is a leading turnkey provider of electric vehicle (EV) smart charging. Our mission is to deploy large-scale EV infrastructure to acceleratethe future of clean transportation.
Scope of Job:
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming in order to build a large-scale Electric Vehicle charging solution. You’ll be part of a team building PowerFlex’s mobile and web applications for both the operational aspects and customer portals.
95% - Primary duties:
1. Take ownership of the PowerFlex mobile app
2. Develop web apps for customers and drivers
3. Answer support questions related to the mobile app and support the debugging of issues related to the use of PowerFlex charging stations
4. Proactive in writing tests and testing to ensure quality production code
5. Assist other members of the engineering team in the integration of various backend, mobile, and web components
6. Help develop the agile software engineering processes
5% - Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills Required:
● 3+ years of combined education or experience developing applications that utilize technologies in our stack.
● Fluency in a significant array of varied scripting and programming languages.
● You have a deep interest in learning and mastering concepts in commercial electrical systems, EV charging, and associated networks
● You understand the benefits of reducing toil.
● You are proficient at programming and interacting with APIs.
● You are flexible, resilient, and curious.
● You draw inspiration from prior art, but you feel compelled to innovate beyond it.
● You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome the opportunity when others challenge you.
● Bonus points for hardware integration experience.
● A strong drive for excellence and capability to deliver good code
● Being able to find a method among chaos
● Not easily discouraged by setbacks and failures
● A team player that is able to voice his or her own opinions
Approximately 90% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various software/programs), phones, and general office equipment.
Approximately 5-10% of the time is spent at project sites and travelling to other EDFR locations, potentially including international travel.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.