Position: Advertising Account Executive
Duties and Responsibilities: The account executive acts as a liaison between the advertising agency and the client, coordinating, organizing, and monitoring various advertising campaigns for both existing clientele as well as making “pitches” for new business. Account executives do extensive work with the account coordinator and the media planner to devise a marketing strategy and campaign that meets the client’s needs as well as budget. After its approval by the client, the account executive then works with the agency’s creative team on what needs to be produced and copyrighted. Essentially, they conduct the project managing aspects of a campaign by monitoring its process, keeping the client informed throughout the whole process, and overseeing the administration of the account. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating overall project policies and directing subordinate managers/staff. Directs and manages the operation of national projects. Administration/management/monitoring responsibilities include but may not be limited to: establishment of goals, objectives, performance requirements, standards and accountability; administration of program costs, budget, and management and operation of projects. Directs teaming partners, subcontractors, and vendors, and ensures timely and on budget completion of tasks/projects.
· Establish and maintain a positive relationship with clients
· Experience identifying client concerns ahead of time, and develop plan of action to address/resolve issues
· Manage project teams efficiently and effectively
· Ability to conduct research on and become familiar with prospective advertisers, marketing, communications and branding goals, and issue areas
· Ability to create and track persuasive communication efforts to promote advertising opportunities and brand, including traditional, non-traditional marketing and advertising methods, social media, direct response, etc.
· Ability to conduct client presentations and face-to-face meeting campaigns
· Participate in advertising staff meetings and events and be a fully engaged part of the team
· Assist with business development efforts
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate
· At least 8 years in management of advertising, marketing, communications or public relations campaigns/projects
· Advertising, broadcast, media, publishing experience
· Goal driven with outstanding record of achievement in current/past positions
· Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment
· Strong work ethic and capacity to thrive in a team environment
· Creativity, persistence and tenacity
· Strong analytics and real-time judgment
· Effective time management and organization skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Keen attention to detail
· Spirit of generosity, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
· Adaptable and willing to approach tasks with velocity and a high metabolism
· Team player
· Bachelors degree in marketing and communications.
· Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate integrated marketing activities for a wide range of clients.
· Exceptional organization skills with the ability to complete projects and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to conceive, plan, implement, and monitor long- and short-term projects from conception through completion. Capable of prioritizing work assignments, as well as monitoring multiple projects. Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Management/supervisory experience. Experienced and adept at people management, including hiring, developing, coaching and retention.
· Excellent budget, financial and marketing mathematics skills.
· Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as creative management experience.
· Excellent vendor management and customer service skills.
· Outstanding presentation, writing and oral communication skills with a focus on details and accuracy.
· Ability to work independently and well with a diverse group of people throughout the organization.
· Experience in managing government contracts.