Works closely with the senior team to create and execute compelling, inspiring, and scalable creative solutions for multi-platform campaigns including social media channels, mobile, broadcast, print, partnerships and offline. Manages team of writers, graphic designers and outside vendors.
JOB DUTIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Works closely with the senior team to create and execute compelling, inspiring, and scalable creative solutions for multi-platform campaigns including social media channels, mobile, broadcast, print partnerships, and offline.
- Mentor and Manages team of Art Directors, writers, and graphic designers.
- Vendor management.
- Creative direction of products and services in support of client’s mission.
- Collaborate with editors, artists, printers and outside vendors including photographers, talent photo stock agencies, etc.
- Conduct creative briefs and pitches for clients
- Develop original copy, and update/revise existing copy for print, online, TV, radio, direct response and other communication materials.
- Estimate work schedules/budget,overseeing project progress and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Meet deadlines while managing and staying within budget.
- Manage and lead art department staff and activities.
- Provide strong conceptual leadership to the creative team that maintains our standards of excellence while balancing deadlines and profitability.
- Work closely with other discipline leads such as strategy, media, and technology to foster collaboration across the teams.
- Juggle multiple concurrent clients, projects, new business pitches, and other initiatives
- Participate in business development by pitching new clients and collaborating on sales efforts
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and creative tools such as Adobe, etc.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Five (5) years in a creative leadership role in Marketing/Advertising (including digital) and in management of advertising, marketing, communications or public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, journalism, or equivalent with five (5) years of relevant experience or a combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A portfolio of creative work that demonstrates excellence in creative marketing across a wide range of media and a diverse set of clients.
- Ability to provide clear feedback on all facets of creative work in order to elevate the output and help creative staff improvise their craft while maintaining the project timeline and budget.
- Competence in team building and mentoring
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at all levels of both internal and client teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear, consistent, professional and transparent manner verbally and orally.
- Strong analytics and real-time judgement.
- MUST have experience with content strategy and developing campaigns.
Must be able to pass a background check.
ECU Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. ECU Communications is a diverse and inclusive company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.