Senior Infrastructure Engineer
ECS Tuning Remote, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Enthusiast Auto Holdings (EAH) is one of the largest specialty e-commerce companies in the automotive aftermarket industry. EAH designs, produces, and sells proprietary parts and kits for a rapidly growing number of automobile makes and models, and it partners with hundreds of other performance brands to bring the enthusiast community a diverse range of automotive products.EAH encompasses 6 exciting, innovative and well recognized corporate banners: ECS Tuning, Turner Motorsport, Rennline, Pelican Parts, Texas Speed & Performance and Z1 Motorsports.
EAH is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Contract to Hire with extensive VMware virtualization and storage administration experience in an enterprise environment. This position is responsible for managing our technology infrastructure and for providing a highly professional support experience to our teams and our growing staff. This full-time position is open at our ECS Tuning banner located at one of the following locations: Cleveland/Akron, OH; North Austin, TX area; Los Angeles, CA area and Atlanta, GA area.
(6 month remote contract before transitioning to the following locations full time.)
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at EAH, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining on-prem and cloud virtualization, storage, backup, and disaster recovery technologies for all EAH banners. The position requires at least 5 years of enterprise experience with modern virtualization, storage and backup technologies from VMware, Veeam, and SAN, as well as an excellent holistic understanding of infrastructure components common to enterprise environments. Qualified candidates must have demonstrably advanced technical knowledge, keen interest in adapting and implementing industry best practices, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, possess strong problem solving skills, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
Virtualization & Storage Management:
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to ensure business technology needs are met
- Maintain and troubleshoot enterprise storage and compute infrastructure components
- Monitor VMware, storage and backup components for optimum performance and availability
- Perform infrastructure patching, support and maintenance tasks
- Provide on-call infrastructure support
- Report on utilization trends for virtualization, backup, disaster recovery, and storage
Backup & Disaster Recovery Management:
- Manage Veeam Backup & Replication
- Manage Veeam AWS Backup
- Manage VMware Azure Site Recovery
- Manage overall backup and DR strategy
- Help maintain a strong security posture throughout the enterprise
Planning & Deployment:
- Create and update infrastructure and process diagrams
- Plan infrastructure deployments, upgrades and configuration changes
- Deploy and maintain enterprise software packages
- Document systems and processes, track and document ongoing changes
- Diligently track and report security, stability and functionality updates and patches
- Maintain ongoing and up-to-date knowledge of new virtualization, storage, backup and
- disaster recovery technologies and technical developments
- Maintain ongoing working relationship and communication with vendors to stay
- apprised of latest configuration recommendations and product roadmaps
- 40 hour workweek with occasional nights and weekends (as needed)
- Must be onsite
EAH offers a competitive compensation package including excellent Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage, Paid Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, 401K retirement plan and paid time off.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus and vSAN
- VMware disaster recovery in Azure Site Recovery
- Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam AWS
- Cybersecurity best practices and data protection policies
- Network concepts such as VLAN segmentation, firewall access rules, VPN, VoIP, etc..
- Network Attached Storage (QNAP / Synology / IX Systems)
- Windows & Linux File Sharing (SMB / DFS / NFS / SCP / RSYNC / SFTP)
- VMware 6.x VCP, VCAP, vSAN Specialist Certifications
- Veeam VMCE or 3 years Veeam experience
- Other applicable industry standard certifications
- Bachelor's degree
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
ECS TuningWhy Work Here?
ECS continues to go through a major cultural transformation under the leadership of our CEO - serving customers & making work enjoyable.
Built by enthusiasts and for enthusiasts, Enthusiast Auto Holdings (EAH) the umbrella company of ECS Tuning, has grown from a family-owned Volkswagen repair shop in Wadsworth, Ohio into one of largest specialty e-commerce companies in the automotive aftermarket industry. EAH designs, produces, and sells proprietary parts and kits for a rapidly growing number of automotive makes and models, and it partners with hundreds of other performance brands to bring the enthusiast community an unparalleled customer experience. Over one million enthusiasts follow EAH's banners on social media.