Territory Sales Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are and what we value:
ECMD partners with big-box retail and pro lumber yards customers nationwide to provide a world-class supply chain to builders, remodelers, finish carpenters, and consumers with the materials needed to complete simple projects to dream houses. By leveraging technology and the team's passion for its customers, ECMD has built a strategic integrated portfolio of 5 operating divisions: EastCoast Mouldings, Klumb Forest Products, Crown Heritage Stairs, ECMD Distribution, and Arndt & Herman Building Products.
Founded by innovative entrepreneurs who created the modern building materials global supply chain, their passion and integrity remain the fabric of our culture. With a mission to improve the lives of our employees; the ECMD culture is rooted in small-town, rural, southern values…we keep it real, honest, down to earth and authentic.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The ProSales Territory Sales Manager calls on customers to sell and promote the brand preference of ECMD product(s). It is the TSM's responsibility to qualify, identifying product/service needs and promote the sales of ECMD products on every sales call. The Territory Sales Manager meets with business owner(s), department head(s), and other sales personnel to understand their business and product needs, with the goal of selling ECMD products and services to meet customer needs. The Territory Sales Manager periodically conducts sales meetings and training seminars to assist and educate customers. The Territory Sales Manager must work closely with ECMD's general and/or sales managers regularly making them aware of changes involving customers, product issues or general service issues to ensure that sales are maximized across the assigned territory.
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by ECMD Management, which shall include the following:
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and perpetuating a productive business relationship between ECMD, Inc. and the upper management and/or owners, the true decision makers of customer accounts.
- Fulfills the ECMD service promise by providing thorough and accurate product knowledge expertise to customers.
- Maintains customer contact and relationships to determine if there are any questions or problems that may exist. Answers questions promptly, which may require research and promptly correcting problems in the field.
- Maintains a basic working knowledge of all product lines, pricing structures, delivery schedules and all other marketing and promotional services, and other similar data, as may be required.
- Handles sales orders and credit returns as necessary for customers, including distributing catalogs, samples, price quotations, and other data as required.
- Trains retailing unit personnel in proper merchandising methods, selling procedures, etc., that showcases the advantages of ECMD products.
- Maintains liaison with other ECMD's Customer Service Representatives and other appropriate personnel at ECMD's Corporate Office including other Territory Sales Managers as appropriate, in order to expedite the Territory Sales Manager's function.
- Regular and punctual attendance including a work schedule that is structured, yet flexible in order to meet customer needs and results in achieving assigned sales goals and performance expectations.
- Employees must proficiently read, speak and understand English.
- ProSales Territory Sales Managers are required to promptly complete and submit, electronically, all call and weekly travel information and travel related expenses via approved reporting methods. Report information must be accurate to enable review of the territory and market. It is suggested that the Territory Sales Manager complete this information daily to ensure required end of the week submittal in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly with customers in a manner that is professional, non adversarial and helpful.
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or dealing with the public is preferred.
- Work and communicate within a group of other employees to aid each other and solve problems.
- Computer skills and experience with data entry and email/including basic business programs such as
- Microsoft's Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Prefer background in millwork, woodworking, lumber or related industries.
- Required to stay updated and knowledgeable on current and new products and the industry.
- Requires extensive travel involving the use of a personal vehicle.
- Valid and appropriate driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- The TSM should live within the boundaries of the assigned territory.
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Other benefits include access to medical, dental, vision, life and disability starting after 90 days
BusinessView all jobs at ECMD