Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
Under direct supervision, uses various desktop, internet, batch, and human resources to locate and contact student loan borrowers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses references and other leads to locate borrower contact information
- Uses batch and desktop tools, search engines, free websites including phone/address directories, public record searches, social media, and other sources to locate borrower contact information
- Updates company systems with contact information, introduces located borrowers to available options, and transfers to account specialists for follow up
- Complies with all ECMC Group Policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This job description is subject to change at any time. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in a call center or collection environment
- Skip tracing experience and/or proven aptitude
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills to include working in a computer based office suite environment; Microsoft Windows or Mac Office
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience using social media platforms
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
- Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, copy machines/printers
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Frequently moves files from filing cabinets to shred bins or to storage facilities
- Frequently communicates with customer inquiries through email or phone. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Required to work normal hours to successfully perform the job responsibilities
- May be subjected to interruptions, multiple calls and inquiries
- Employee works in an office environment. Employee sits at a desk during regularly scheduled work hours; answers and makes telephone calls using a standard telephone; types on a standard keyboard; reads and comprehends information from a computer terminal and/or written resources.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate