Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.Job Summary:
The Instructional Coach supports teachers in improving their practices of instruction, delivery of curriculum, and assessment in support of student learning. The Instructional Coach supports the overall quality of classroom instruction and teacher professional growth. The work of coaching complements the actions of the leadership team in creating a technology driven and student success-oriented professional environment. In order to allow for strong partnership, the Instructional Coach does not supervise teachers. The Instructional Coach will observe and coach teachers towards their professional goals, which ultimately will improve the quality of instruction and enhance student learning. The Instructional Coach will work to inspire, encourage, and support faculty with creative, innovative and sustainable solutions that support teaching and learning. The coach will collaborate daily with individual teachers, as well as partner with the coaching team to work with teacher cohorts to support their ongoing professional learning.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learning Facilitator and Collaborator: Use principles of adult learning and effective facilitation/coaching in the supporting, planning and implementation of professional learning communities and professional development cohorts. Employ coaching processes that foster increased teacher collaboration within and between departments.
- Resource Provider: Create and share methods, materials, tools and additional resources through modeling and other best practices to enhance teacher effectiveness. Contribute to an environment that encourages creative and independent use of innovative pedagogy throughout the school. Partner with the coaching team to maintain a database of professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Catalyst for Professional Growth: Work with the leadership team to promote and support the professional learning program of Altierus.
- Learner: Keep abreast of current trends in and theories of technology-based teaching and learning practices, as well as the strategies that help to turn these theories into reality.
- Data Coach: Utilize data to help serve as a bridge between research and practice to support improving instruction on all levels.
- Classroom Supporter: Facilitate each teachers ability to adapt instruction to meet the needs of the classroom and of all students.
- Mentor: The coach is a critical supporter of all teachers, no matter the level of experience. Maintain a consistent presence in classrooms with the goal of creating a relationship with each teacher through a dialogue focused on the teaching and learning processes taking place.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Complies with all Zenith Policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in Education, Educational Leadership, Curriculum, or similar preferred.
- At least 5 years of teaching experience and demonstrated success and mastery in teaching.
- Prior experience as an instructional leader (formal or informal role), department chair, teacher leader, lead teacher, instructional coach, consultant, or comparable role.
- Fluent understanding of instructional coaching.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and a background that contributes to the diversity of the community and a respect for and understanding of diverse cultures and experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in at least some of these arenas: interdisciplinary instruction, differentiated instruction, project-based learning, competency-based teaching, and using technology in the classroom with online and blended teaching modalities.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and supportive relationships with faculty colleagues and administration.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, interpersonal abilities, positive attitude, and patience.
- Experience delivering instruction in a learning management system required.
- Experience using academic technology (simulations, adaptive learning tools, integration of microlearning elements into presentations, etc.) highly preferred.
- Competency in MS Office (Excel Power Point, Word, and Outlook)
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
- Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers
- Ability to be a self-starter, problem solver, and integrate critical thinking skills
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information to individuals or groups. This includes the ability to choose the appropriate method or methods of communication
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze, identify and solve problems while using sound judgment. Able to implement solutions to address business issues. Knows who to involve and takes appropriate action
- Ability to anticipate, understand and manage customer expectations and consistent delivery of services. Clearly and effectively conveys information