Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
The Director of Academic Technology is responsible for shaping the vision and strategy for academic technology, and facilitating excellence in teaching, learning, and student experience. This position will provide oversight of academic technology and courseware, and academic systems administration. This position will partner with Zenith\Altierus leaders to develop a seamless technology based student experience from enrollment to post-graduation. The incumbent is expected to stay abreast of current academic technologies, for evaluating and assessing these technologies for appropriateness to Zenith Education Group, and overseeing implementation and management of these technologies. This position works under the direction of the VP Applications and Analytics, participates on the Zenith Leadership Team, and collaborates with the Zenith Chief Academic Officer to support student success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with Zenith leadership, provide instructional design and academic technology strategies and thought leadership for Zenith Education Group and its subsidiary organizations
- Be responsible for research, evaluation, and selection of academic technologies and courseware. Establish implementation roadmaps and provide implementation oversight
- Provide oversight of Zenith Education Groups academic technology vendors and partners
- Drive implementation of best practices, as related to scope of responsibilities, throughout Zenith Education Group
- Be accountable for identification, implementation and maintenance of an online delivery platform
- Provide oversight of the academic system administrators, instructional designers and academic management systems, including the learning management system
- Stay abreast of current academic technology trends and tools
- Comply with all Zenith Education Group and ECMC enterprise policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Minimum 8 years of instructional design experience with at least five years developing online courses
- Minimum 10 years of academic technology experience which includes strategy setting, identifying, researching, implementing, and managing academic technology.
- Experience with academic systems, such as learning management systems (e.g. Canvas), student information systems (e.g. CampusVue, Banner), customer relations management tools (e.g. ServiceNow, RightNow), and content management systems (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, Joomla)
- Minimum five years of experience leading and directing staff, with experience recruiting, developing, coaching, training, and performance management of employees and experience developing department budget
- Demonstrated experience managing and launching large-scale initiatives and projects
- Strong preference for experience with vendor management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Significant knowledge of academic and instructional design tools, including current best practices and emerging technologies.
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge and skills working in a computer based office suite environment; Microsoft Windows or Mac Office.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, control and prioritize work/projects with the ability to manage resources
- Ability to consistently carry out job responsibilities to meet deadlines