Powder Coating Bonding Laborer
The primary function of the bonding laborer is to utilize his technical knowledge in order to provide quality bonding service which meets/exceeds customer expectation. The bonding technician will also engage in routine housekeeping and maintenance of the bonding production facility. This is a rotating shift position.
Upon completion of training be able to:
- Work in accordance with all safety and production policies and work instructions
- Accurately measure, prepare and scale-up batches of product per color matching instructions.
- Load and clean the bonder and associated equipment
- Able to recognize product differences during production and be able to make adjustments to the process.
- Knowledge of the effect of additives and process parameters on product quality.
- Ability to perform all laboratory testing of materials.
- Accurately packaging correctly weighed finished products.
- Handle movement of raw materials, packaging, and finished goods within work area.
- Performs general housekeeping of the bonding production facility & equipment.
- Assist in color matching to meet customer expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a laboratory or in a batch manufacturing facility
- Customer focus
- Basic mathematics skill: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to operate tow-motors, lift trucks and pallet jacks
- Experience in bonding operation or powder coating application preferred
- Demonstrated skills in color matching preferred. Must pass a color vision test
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and an MRP system, SAP preferred
We offer comparative wages and benefits including medical, prescription, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability protection, 401-k with a Company match, paid holidays, sick leave and vacation in the first year.
Why Work Here?ECKART is the leading international manufacturer of metallic and pearlescent pigments for the paints and coatings industry, the graphic arts, plastics, aerated concrete and cosmetics industries. The product range encompasses all kinds of pigments and even press-ready metallic printing inks.
Established business and part of a large global company that has internal opportunities for career growth depending on your level of effort!