Powder Coating Bonding Laborer
The primary function of the bonding laborer is to utilize his technical knowledge in order to provide quality bonding service which meets/exceeds customer expectation. The bonding technician will also engage in routine housekeeping and maintenance of the bonding production facility. This is a rotating shift position.
Upon completion of training be able to:
- Work in accordance with all safety and production policies and work instructions
- Accurately measure, prepare and scale-up batches of product per color matching instructions.
- Load and clean the bonder and associated equipment
- Able to recognize product differences during production and be able to make adjustments to the process.
- Knowledge of the effect of additives and process parameters on product quality.
- Ability to perform all laboratory testing of materials.
- Accurately packaging correctly weighed finished products.
- Handle movement of raw materials, packaging, and finished goods within work area.
- Performs general housekeeping of the bonding production facility & equipment.
- Assist in color matching to meet customer expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a laboratory or in a batch manufacturing facility
- Customer focus
- Basic mathematics skill: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to operate tow-motors, lift trucks and pallet jacks
- Experience in bonding operation or powder coating application preferred
- Demonstrated skills in color matching preferred. Must pass a color vision test
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and an MRP system, SAP preferred
We offer comparative wages and benefits including medical, prescription, vision and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability protection, 401-k with a Company match, paid holidays, sick leave and vacation in the first year.