- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Quality Hardware Manager
Location: Totowa, New Jersey Office Location
ECI Technology, a leading global manufacturer of Chemical Analytical Management Systems for Semiconductor, PCB and other cutting-edge industries. ECI is rapidly growing, following increasing market demand by leveraging the company’s superior technology meeting the highest standards for chemicals process control systems. ECI seeks a talented, versatile, high energy capable engineer to join our strong team.
Quality Engineer Summary:
The individual in this position is required to work independently, identify weaknesses in the current processes and areas of potential quality/efficiency improvements, and effectively interact with personnel from other departments to help drive targeted improvements. This individual must demonstrate effective problem-solving abilities and is required to possess good written/verbal communication skills.
The role includes product quality review associated with the design and the manufacturing process. It requires understanding of concepts, methods and procedures such as: quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes and incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc.
- Investigate manufacturing processes and coordinate efforts to correct any issues or deviations found.
- Participates in and facilitates the design review process by working with Engineering and R&D to assure quality design and adequate change management.
- Participates in activities for changes to production or design processes.
- Ensure that BOMs contain all the proper components needed including drawings, and work instructions where needed.
- Lead investigation efforts and accurately documents investigation plans.
- Perform Failure Analysis.
- Prepare and design quality test fixtures and assist in prototyping new components.
- Analyze trends related to various inspection and process activities and identifies root causes and areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain an effective and consistent process control system for the manufacturing of components.
- Develop and release quality documentation and plans and track approvals.
- Provide statistical support during the development of new products and processes.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of the current specifications of the Quality Policy and Procedures and contributes to the achievement of the quality objectives.
- Utilize output of trend analysis to initiate investigations and or corrective/preventive action projects and manage process indicators.
- Manage corrective and preventive action projects and assists with continuous improvement activities.
- Manage QA System and ensures compliance to ISO9000.
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering is required.
- Minimum 1 year of electrical, mechanical, manufacturing or industrial engineering experience with focus in quality assurance, documentation and continuous improvement management required.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multitask projects and collaborate effectively with other team members is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
ECI's strength lies in adapting to the world's most rapidly changing industries. Our lab develops new products and procedures for novel applications as (or sometimes before) they are introduced into various industries. Our unmatched experience and worldwide network of representatives enable us to be first to market and offer the most comprehensive solution for control of complex manufacturing processes.
As a result, ECI owns dozens of U.S. and international patents. Recognized both for technological innovations and business acumen, many awards adorn our walls at ECI Headquarters, located in Totowa, New Jersey, USA. These include Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in New Jersey, NJTC Electronics Company of the Year, and Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist, awarded to our CEO.
ManufacturingView all jobs at ECI Technology
Get fresh Quality System Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.