A Los Angeles based interior design firm is seeking a full charge bookkeeper / accounting controller to manage the financial and administrative record keeping of the firm's projects and broader business operations.
- Manage accounting activity related to interior design projects, such as purchase orders, processing invoices, issuing invoices, client retainer activity, fixed asset calculation, sales tax calculation, AR/AP, etc.
- Manage accounting and bookkeeping activity related to general office operations and management, such as 1099 processing, subcontractor hours and wages calculations, supply order accounting, monthly expenses accounting, monthly bill processing, P&L, GL, etc.
- Work with outside CPA firm to process annual business taxes and related issues, requires cursory understanding of tax issues.
- Conduct basic collections functions, such as rebills, following up on past-due balances, and reconciling past-due balances.
- Assist designers and assistants in obtaining accounting and financial information, including proactive and professional follow-up with all necessary parties (internal and external), as well as creating/improving on processes to make transfer of information from design department to accounting department more streamlined.
- Conduct internal audits and compile business and project financial data into reports for executive review.
- Previous experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields like property management / construction
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP and bookkeeping best practices
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple critical tasks
- Experience in general office management
- Ability to work in high-pressure, high-dollar, deadline driven environment