- Assists in developing the Company's ongoing financial planning processes, including annual budget modeling, quarterly re-forecasting and root-cause variance analysis.
- Work with large and complex datasets to generate insights and knowledge.
- Develop data-driven presentations with conclusions and recommendations in concise formats for management and the Board on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis.
- Establish dashboards that drive profitability and efficiency by analyzing and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs), business drivers and unit economics through segmentation analysis.
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross-functional groups to enhance the depth and value of KPI reporting over time.
- Assist in reviewing and modeling acquisition opportunities.
- Grow with the evolving needs of the Company's FP&A function and the broader organization, along with facilitating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Challenge the status quo and current interpretations of data based on the results of advanced analytically based conclusions.
- Fingers-on-keyboard Excel modeling expert, including manipulating and analyzing data in amazing ways with pivot tables.
- Familiar with standard financial reporting layouts and analysis, including budgeting/forecasting, audience-appropriate level of detail and KPI/operational metrics visualizations.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, M&A modeling and related accounting.
- Familiarity and appreciation for the value of software tools/languages such as Microsoft's self-service BI tools, SQL, Access, CPM systems, etc.
- Professional-level attention to detail and eagerness to dig into data to develop, verify and empirically prove out key insights.
- Miraculous ability to translate complex, technical and difficult to solve analytical problems into understandable and easily consumable reports.
- Creative problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Self-starter/ability to work independently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated success driving positive change in an evolving/growing role.
- Must possess excellent project management skills and an ability to actively collaborate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Two - Five-plus years in related-role experience, with hands-on responsibility at a private equity-backed or acquisitive company environment or corporate investment banking a definite plus.
- Acquisition synergy modeling and related integration experience a plus.
- Healthcare industry or technology-enabled services industry a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Computer/Decision Science preferred. MBA or other related advanced degree (or similar demonstrable self-study) a plus.
ebs recruits for Fortune 500 corporations, public accounting firms and small businesses in St. Louis and beyond. Our clients count on our superior service, our uncompromising ethics and our extensive network of accounting, finance and human resources professionals.
We conduct customized searches at all levels, from entry level to executive, both permanent and temporary. Our approach is solution-oriented. We listen to our clients, clarify their needs and go the extra mile to ensure the right match. Every candidate and every search is an investment, and we never settle for less than perfect.
You can count on ebs for a perfect fit, every time.