If you want to make a difference in the lives of children, EBS (Educational Based Services) is interviewing determined Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for positions in Doylestown, PA and nationwide. As the leading provider of special education and therapy services for children for more than 30 years, EBS knows exactly what DDH teachers need to make the biggest impact possible:
- Effective for the 2019-2020 school year, two vacancies exist for a Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing position within the Division of Student Services of the Chester County Intermediate Unit.
- This position will include duties associated with serving birth to three, preschool, and school age students through age 21 with children who are deaf or hard of hearing served by the CCIU.
- Valid PA Certification as Teacher of Deaf/Hearing Impaired
- Master's degree, preferred
- Original criminal history clearance, child abuse clearance and FBI fingerprint clearance (dated within the year), clearance as an MA provider by the Commonwealth of PA and federal government (conducted by CCIU upon hire)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide hearing support to deaf/hearing impaired students referred to the program by districts and pre-school special education and birth to three programs.
- Planning and/or adoption of the educational program to enable deaf and hearing impaired students to benefit from the educational experience.
- Complete required activities including: assess and teach deaf and hearing impaired students; develop individual education programs; support technology and use of accommodations within the school, teach special education students and to counsel special education students who are deaf or hard of hearing regarding the impact their hearing loss may have on their education
For more than 30 years, EBS has been the leading provider of special education services for public, private and charter schools. Our mission is to make a difference, every day, in every life we touch. Learn more at www.ebshealthcare.com